Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Build 5.0.12

The Mac shouldn't be an issue. It runs exactly like a Windows machine.
I can't seem to replicate some of the errors. I get the crash, reload from the last point, do the same thing and no crash.
I'm just going to wait until 5.0.12. I'm also hoping that the "one super tank contests the objective with 500 men" issue gets resolved.

My only real worry with your particular situation is the is the alway being able to reproduce some of the 'CTD's'.
See how you get on with 5.0.12.
Get those saves with problems over to Dave

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I'm running a Mac on Bootcamp:
Intel Core i5 2.9GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, 5400rpm, NVIDIA GEForce GT 750M. Windows 7 Professional 64bit
JArraya, Unfortunately we cannot warrant that this game will run on a Mac under emulation. I suggest you install the 5.0.12 build and see how that fares. But if you are the only one here getting a myriad number of crashes then I can only assume it's going to be something to do with the emulation. But let's wait and see and hope the new build is more stable for you.

Daz

I played half of Manhay Crossroads last night, playing as Axis with the latest patch.

It was working like a dream for me :happy:
No crashes in about 5 hours of play, and no major issues to report.

Got a few very minor ones to report, one of which is the Shortest Route seems to be broken?
For some reason the units will ignore this setting for a move.
I need to do more testing on it to be sure, but I have to go to work today :(

JArraya

Same here! Played for about 2 hours last night without a single crash. Thanks for the update.
The wife does really hate you still, though.

BigDuke66

Same here! Played for about 2 hours last night without a single crash. Thanks for the update.
The wife does really hate you still, though.
Just give her your creditcard or get her a spa weekend, of course if your stingy you could simply buy a gagball... :)

john connor

Great to see a change to the IsTooHotTo StayPut code in there Dave, since that was something I went on about a bit ago. Thanks.

What about the CTD crash when multiple selecting in various ways - was that in that list?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Great to see a change to the IsTooHotTo StayPut code in there Dave, since that was something I went on about a bit ago. Thanks.
And they say I'm insensitive to people making a lot of noise! ;)

What about the CTD crash when multiple selecting in various ways - was that in that list?
I made lots of changes to the selection code but not specifically for that issue. Does it still happen?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Re Build 5.0.12. So what do you all think of the changes?

Is it stable - ie no crashes?

Are the dialogs doing what you expect?

How are you finding the changes to the AI:
  • Fire - incl casualties and suppression
  • Attacks.
  • Movement
  • Retreats
Is it now good enough to declare as a final? If not, what still needs to be done?

*budd*

haven't got a lot of play time yet, don't we get the weekend to put it through the paces.

*budd*

Holiday Monday...3 day weekend no less:joyful: When you say final, do you mean no more changes of any kind or just the big things.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Just the big things. I don't want to declare the build as final if there are current features that don't work as intended and these features are critical to game play. I'm only interested in existing features - not new features. Minor issues can be addresses with future free patches as I get to them.

BigDuke66

Well if you want a fast shot I can say that "small units" still sometimes play supermen.
I have a save and replayed and now a few times, interesting what you can sometimes see.
Sometimes the Allied 7 Armored Division Train block all German units advancing there, sometimes German units drive over it and proceed like nothing, sometimes the unit surrenders.
Either the FOW tells me total crap about that train or all these trucks in it lead to a marvelous traffic jam and that ruins my advance on that road, not that it's totally unrealistic that a lot of trucks left behind would slow down the German advance but I guess that is not really simulated currently in the engine and so there is still a problem with small units surviving for too long.

Besides that I see only very few men in that unit but a huge amount of vehicles, but doesn't the men count include the drivers?
If so I'm clueless how they get ahead at all with 20 men but over 130 trucks.

Attachments

• AutoSave #4.zip
    162 KB · Views: 2

Daz

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that it is very playable now, and a lot of fun to do so.
No crashes at all since updating to 5.0.12.

I have only played about 10 hours so far though, and that has only been on two of the Core scenarios.
I have not put the supply through its paces to see if that is working 100% but seems ok in the scenarios I have been playing since the update.

The Plan Dialogue still doesn't have full functionality yet as you are aware.

Overall I would say you have crushed all the "major issues", well done mate :happy:

We still have the weekend to go yet though so I still have time to break it :nailbiting:

BigDuke66

Re Base units the pers strength of a base unit is those on hand + those away in supply columns. What you see displayed is the ones on hand.

If base units have a lot of their assets out on duty doing supply tours, what happens if the base unit gets destroyed, do the assets underway also disappear?