Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Build 5.0.12

BigDuke66

Depends on what he exactly means.
I had reported a while back that the scrolling can be noticeably slower with the option "Auto-scale Force Icons" turned on, besides that I don't see a difference to the old CO1, to be honest I have the strange feeling that units move a bit faster that it used to be since CO1.

Gary Bezant

I was meant actual game run time. Playing Widen the Gap there seems to be no discernible difference in the speed of the normal time and fast time.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I think you meant Widening the Corridor from the Bastogne module. If so, then that is one of the largest scenarios. As such the sheer number of units and size of map mean that the game will struggle to run such scenarios at a fast clip. It does boil down to processor speed I'm afraid.

Gary Bezant

I'm running an i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, Microsoft windows 7 Professional, 32GB RAM and an NVidia GeForce GTX 780.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I'm running an i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, Microsoft windows 7 Professional, 32GB RAM and an NVidia GeForce GTX 780.
I did not mean to imply that you had a slow machine. There are few PCs that could make it run fast with the current architecture and that many units and such a size map. One of the things we hope to do in the future is take better advantage of the fact that now days many machines have more than two cores. We would like to divide the forces up into multiple commands and assign a command to a core. That way we can take advantage of the processing power a lot more. But right now its just one thread for the AI and one for the UI and four for the sounds. With only one for the AI it means that all line of sight checks, route calcs and plan development must be done through one core.