Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Build 5.0.19

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all,

I have just uploaded a new Build 5.0.19. Please allow a few days for LNL to get their installer done.

Changes:

* Fixed CTD in ScenTransportEvent when recipient ends up at same loc as sender.

* Minor changes to BFTB Estabs

* Updated Game Manual v0.04

*budd*

My malware protection threw up a warning when installing after using the auto updater. First time this has happened using the auto updater. A wingen32 warning, this is probably a false positive but from what i read this type of malware can piggyback from legit website and as i am reluctant to add stuff to my exclusion list has this been posted for manually download and install? Probably a false since the wingen 32 describes a range of malware but i'd feel better doing it manually this time.

J

Jason Church

My malware protection threw up a warning when installing after using the auto updater.

It is a false positive. Let me know what malware you use, I may be able to contact them. Some companies have a procedure for testing and whitelisting software.

Daz

Is Budd referring to a previous version?
I can't see any update for 5.0.19 yet?

*budd*

It is a false positive. Let me know what malware you use, I may be able to contact them. Some companies have a procedure for testing and whitelisting software.

I have avast and malwarebytes. It was flagged by avast. It just concerned me because it's never happened before using the auto updater. It happened during the install and the fact that it was wingen 32 which can piggy back on legitimate downloads caused me some concern. Usually i read what is flagged and most of the time add it to my exclusion list, but it usually isnt this type of named file. Curious to see if the manual download gets flagged during install, probably will, if not that would be odd.

*budd*

Is Budd referring to a previous version?
I can't see any update for 5.0.19 yet?
thought i was getting the 5.0.19? I have .18 and when i run the updater is says newer version available. Still does since i canceled the update when the wingen32 thing came up.

*budd*

i just download the core game not the commanders pack again..... right

I just down loaded the core and seemed to install just fine. No malware warning when i installed it either.

Last edited:

Bullman

Hi,

I too had AVG Antivirus flag something related to Command Ops 2 when I updated it yesterday.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I am not a fan of AVG, Nortons or Avast.The fact that it was running fine and that we have not done anything on our end that would in anyway trigger a response from AV program lends me to the view that the problem rests with your AV. They are notorious for this type of thing. BTW it runs perfectly with ESET (which IMO is a much better AV program) on my machine.

Greg

I am not a fan of AVG, Nortons or Avast.The fact that it was running fine and that we have not done anything on our end that would in anyway trigger a response from AV program lends me to the view that the problem rests with your AV. They are notorious for this type of thing. BTW it runs perfectly with ESET (which IMO is a much better AV program) on my machine.

Love ESET. Norton and McAfee are viruses IMO.