Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Bunker, Caves and Multy-story Buildings clarification needed

Qwirz

Perhaps just a bit confused by old and new rules and by the use of the word "location" just once throughout the rulebook. Can someone please help me in clarifying these?

1 - Rally Phase: Can a GO Leader in a Bunker/Cave/MSBuilding hex help ALL the units in the whole HEX or just those in his Location? If inside a Bunker/Cave can he help also units outside in the same hex?
If at the First Floor can he help those on the second too and vice-versa?
Can GO units at different levels exchange SWs?

2 - Spotting: Inside/Outside Bunker/Cave and each building floor are all to be spotted separately and so separately targeted?? What about Ordnances and Acquisition, Mortar and Artillery?

3 - Are building second floors considered ADJACENT to level zero outside hexes and vice-vesra?

Thanks

Ruben

Stefano G.

Perhaps just a bit confused by old and new rules and by the use of the word "location" just once throughout the rulebook. Can someone please help me in clarifying these?

1 - Rally Phase: Can a GO Leader in a Bunker/Cave/MSBuilding hex help ALL the units in the whole HEX or just those in his Location? If inside a Bunker/Cave can he help also units outside in the same hex?
If at the First Floor can he help those on the second too and vice-versa?
Can GO units at different levels exchange SWs?

2 - Spotting: Inside/Outside Bunker/Cave and each building floor are all to be spotted separately and so separately targeted?? What about Ordnances and Acquisition, Mortar and Artillery?

3 - Are building second floors considered ADJACENT to level zero outside hexes and vice-vesra?

Thanks

Ruben

Good questions!
as far as i know:

1 - I have your same doubts.

2 - Units in a Bunker, Cave or another level of a Building are in the equivalent of a second hex within the hex, and must be spotted separately...so i image they are separately targeted and fired too by DFT and OFT.
Indirect fire and Mortar always attack all levels of a Building and, in hexes containing a Bunker or Cave, units inside and outside of the Bunker or Cave.

3 - I posted a similar question relating to +2 bonus for adjacent DFT fire (or -2 for OFT) and i was replied that different level hexes are considered adjacent...but i like to have a confirmation.

Bye :)

Last edited:

Barthheart

Staff member
1. Leaders can only help/affect other units in THEIR location. So only on the same level of MS buildings, only inside if inside bunker or cave.
Units can only pass SW's to others in their location. So only on the same level of MS buildings, only inside if inside bunker or cave.

2. Stefano has it right.

3. Different levels are not always adjacent. The upper level of a building is not adjacent to the ground level outside the building or the ground level of the same building but a different hex. A level 1 hill hex is adjacent to a ground level hex. At least that's the way it used to be...I need to read up on the news rules.

Qwirz

Thanks Both!
What about a hill hex two or more level higher than a ground hex? Are they adjacent?
No mention about hills and adjacency in any rule version so I think they should be........
And
When you enter a Bunker/Cave hex, will you enter straight in the Bunker/Cave or you have to pass in the hex (outside Bunker/cave) and THEN enter them?

Barthheart

Staff member
I agree that hill hexes of whatever height should be adjacent to ground hexes... unless and until cliff hexsides are added.

It take an extra MP to enter a bunker... don't know about caves.

Qwirz

21.1 "It costs 2MPs to move from on top of the bunker to inside the bunker or vice versa"...
Caves are the same according to the HoP rulebook.

Jeff Lewis

Are you guys reading the v4.0 rules?

Regardless, the whole "location" thing was nixed as it was a bit ill-conceived in its attempt to clarify these things, and I didn't want to change the language of the game 10+ years and over dozen modules into the system, all because of a Cave.

In v4.0 it's stated to the point of redundancy that Bunkers, Caves and different levels on a Multi-story Building are separate hexes within a hex. That statement alone should answer most of your questions.

1) No. They are considered to be in different hexes. Charismatic Leader could attempt to rally them. No SW swapping b/tw levels.

2) Spotted separately. And in 18.0, second paragraph: "Indirect fire and mortar attacks always attack all levels of a Multi-story Building and, in hexes containing a Cave or Bunker, units inside and outside of the Cave or Bunker. Roll once and adjust TM accordingly."

Acquisition markers are a unit-to-unit thing.

3) No, on the Building. It's In 10.2. As for Hills, different levels in adjacent hexes are "adjacent."

-Jeff

Qwirz

Hi Jeff!
You should fix the 4.1,1960-present rulebook.
In the Second paragraph of 3.0 it's still used the term "location".
That's what confused me! :angelic:
Cheers!