Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Burning buildings still need to be capped?

Diesel_Kurt

It happened to me on digital playing scenario "Capture or Elst" 3/4 of the church was burning near the end of the scenario, when i tried to cap all the hexes it wouldn't let me into the last hex. Isn't that a little silly? Shouldn't burning hexes be considered out of play and no longer required to cap?

Barthheart

Staff member
Fortunes of war.... try not to shoot at your victory hexes with enough firepower to light them up.

Diesel_Kurt

Yes Fortunes of War... in this instance it was 2nd turn first impulse my Vickers mg firing at range on the second story of the church was all it took to start the fire, very unfortunate for sure. Although it was very fun watching the building slowly burn around the defenders, when it came time to cap it was impossible. Perhaps a simple 'house rule' will suffice in the board version. Maybe an option in the digital version? a tick box with no burning buildings? or perhaps the rules could be refined a bit more.... say an important objective building has to be 'controlled' by either side with at least 1 squad to retain it, otherwise it goes neutral. or have whomever controls the most locations, controls the building for victory purposes. Just some ideas.

love the game system all in all. very fun!

Barthheart

Staff member
The fire rules are a very new addition to the LnLT. In the digital game you can turn them off. Which I usually do.
And, as most of the scenarios were created before the fire rules came on, I'd suspect that they are not balanced to play well with fire.

It is a great system and very forgiving for people to play however they like.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
From the Core Rules manual:

No unit, including Vehicles, may enter a Fire 2 hex. If there is a Fire 2 hex that is a Victory Objective then credit goes to the last side that moved into, through or controlled the hex. Note that this will-on occasion result in a victory hex being unable to be captured by one side or the other. This could result in a situation where one side or the other is unable to win the scenario. As the Romans would say-Sic vita est.