Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Buttons to launch browser not working

Thomcli

I will try posting in this forum as suggested.

The buttons at the top of the first main page do not work. They click but do not launch the browser. I have Win 11 updated. I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox as my default browser.

Thanks

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Do the 'Rules PDF' buttons on the scenario selection screen work (Battles to the Rhine, for example)? (They use the same URL launching method)

Thomcli

Also I can launch a website from inside other games and applications.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Yeah, it sounds like your system is just straight up blocking the function to open the browser (a Unity function called OpenURL; a brief google by me doesn't show much about this issue, unfortunately - there is one vague mention of a popup blocker interfering with it and I guess that might make sense, since it is trying to open a new browser window).

My only other guess is you might have some enthusiastic antivirus or other security program that is blocking it? I don't think running in Admin mode is required or a whole bunch more people would have said something (it also doesn't mention anything like that in the documentation).

Thomcli

I am running Malwarebytes and Windows Defender. Turned all of it off with no improvement. Also turned of popup blocking in both the MS Edge Settings and Internet Options to no improvement.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Ugh, I'm unfortunately out of ideas. Hopefully someone else can have it happen and we can look for a pattern. :(