Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Can't Edit Estab

TMO

Managed to download - but modifying anything in the estab editor and you get an error warning after trying to compile.

Regards

Tim

TMO

Yes tried that but still get an error when I try and compile.

Regards

Tim

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
TMO,

I cannot read the message on the error window. Can you please click on the error window, hold down the Alt key and select Print Screen. This will only copy the error window. Then paste it into your program and do not scale it. Also if you save it as a jpeg can you ensure it isn't lossy. Thanks.

TMO

Is this better?

upload_2015-3-18_14-42-35.png

This error occurred on a saved version of the estabs (BFTBEstab copy).

Regards

Tim

TMO

The compiler output is:

> C:\LnLGames\Command Ops 2\EMDebug.exe -compile "C:\LnLGames\Command Ops 2\Estabs\BFTBEstab_copy.xml"

Regards

Tim

blond_knight

Im getting the same error. I opened the COTA estab, saved as testCOTA. Modifed some values, saved the XML, and clicked Build>Compile estab file. Im also getting the same error when I click Build>Run Estab Manager.

EDIT:
I also tried using the Establishment Manager to import/export the BTFB estab as TestBFTB estab. It created _images folder and populated it correctly but still gives me the error when I try to compile of access the Estab Manager from there.

My compiler output was: > C:\games\Command Ops 2\EMDebug.exe -compile "C:\games\Command Ops 2\Estabs\testcota.xml"

Last edited:

TMO

Assuming this gets fixed (and I'm sure it will), how do you point a modified scenario in the direction of a modified estab? If I open a cloned scenario I can't change the estab file. If I open a new one I can. Does this mean if I create a new estab I have to rebuild the entire scenario? In CO1 I would save a copy of the estab and then work on the existing one.

Regards

Tim

TMO

Another error but this time with the estab editor display - for 'weapons' the description box cuts off text on the RHS. Appears to be OK for vehicles and ammo.

Regards

Tim

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The compiler output is:

> C:\LnLGames\Command Ops 2\EMDebug.exe -compile "C:\LnLGames\Command Ops 2\Estabs\BFTBEstab_copy.xml"

Regards

Tim
Can you please scroll your CO2 game directory so that it shows clearly the entries starting with 'E' I'm trying to see the names of the Estab Manager apps and associated files. Can you then make a screen dump of it (don't forget to hold down the Alt key). Thanks.

TMO

Can you please scroll your CO2 game directory so that it shows clearly the entries starting with 'E' I'm trying to see the names of the Estab Manager apps and associated files. Can you then make a screen dump of it (don't forget to hold down the Alt key). Thanks.
Sorry Dave, I'm a bit thick - don't know what you mean by "game directory" - can you be more specific.

Regards

Tim

TMO

Patched to 5.08 but this is still not working, get the same error message.

Regards

Tim