Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Carrying SWs

Topviwew

Hey all, I'm a longtime wargamer, but new to LnL. While setting up my first scenario, I noticed that the rules (V4.1) state "The unit directly above a SW possesses that weapon." But if there is only one unit in a hex, and a SW is below it, how do you know if it is possessed or just sitting there, other than remembering what it's status is?

This is the first time I've played a system that uses this mechanic (every other one has you put the possessed weapon on top of the unit). Would there be any rules-conflict which would cause an issue with me house-ruling putting a possessed weapon on top of the unit instead of beneath it?

Rydo

Hey all, I'm a longtime wargamer, but new to LnL. While setting up my first scenario, I noticed that the rules (V4.1) state "The unit directly above a SW possesses that weapon." But if there is only one unit in a hex, and a SW is below it, how do you know if it is possessed or just sitting there, other than remembering what it's status is?

This is the first time I've played a system that uses this mechanic (every other one has you put the possessed weapon on top of the unit). Would there be any rules-conflict which would cause an issue with me house-ruling putting a possessed weapon on top of the unit instead of beneath it?
You could house rule that or you can do what i do : knowing that a sw under a unit indicate that the sw is carried by that unit, place the sw on top, this will indicate the sw is on the ground.

Could be tricky at the beginning if you come from games like ASL but i'm sure you will handle it easily :)

Qwirz

1- you can just mutually agree to place the SW on top, with the possibility to inspect the unit right under.
2- you can orient the unpossessed SW in the opposite direction of the unit in same hex.
Cheers