Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Case Blue Playtest

Devin Heinle

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone Devin here.
Some of you may also know me as The Original Grognard-"The OG" from Youtube and Facebook.

For the last several months I have been working on a new module for LnLT tentatively called "Case Blue: Bloody Road to Stalingrad". It will feature 12 new scenarios, 7 new maps, and a sheet of counters including units not before seen in LnLT. It will require ownership of LnL 'Heros of the Motherland' to take advantage of as most of the maps and counters from that game are required for the module.

This has Davids blessing and I'm asking for assistance in the playtest process. So..if you own "Heroes of the Motherland" and are interested shoot me off a PM here or leave a message here and I will get you the medifire link that has the full playtest kit in it. It will require some arts and crafts for you to do...printing out the maps and counter sheets mostly. So be aware of that before asking. Directions for giving feedback and my request for what to look out for are included in the kit.

Questions, comments, concerns and complaints can also be directed to me here or in PM here.

I can also be found over on the LnL Publishing Discord.

and a short video doing an overview of the kit.

Last edited:

Neal Baedke

Devin, Would be interested as well in the CB Playtesting. Thank you for your vid on explaining the kit. Oh and in ref to your other vid, I have 2x aquariums. 10 and a 30..

Last edited:

Devin Heinle

Administrator
Staff member
Devin, Would be interested as well in the CB Playtesting. Thank you for your vid on explaining the kit. Oh and in ref to your other vid, I have 2x aquariums. 10 and a 30..

Thank you Neal! PMed you here with the link.
yeah part of me has been tempted to set up the 10 gallon I have stored away..but im not sure what I would stock it with. And im not sure I want to take care of 3 tanks =)

Barthheart

Staff member
Looks really interesting Devin. Have you thought of using VASSAL as a playtest bed as well? An extension to the HotM VASSAL module could be made and then no need fer arts and crafts.

Either way, I'd be interested in helping test some of your work if you need more.

Vance

Devin Heinle

Administrator
Staff member
Looks really interesting Devin. Have you thought of using VASSAL as a playtest bed as well? An extension to the HotM VASSAL module could be made and then no need fer arts and crafts.

Either way, I'd be interested in helping test some of your work if you need more.

Vance
I have 0 skills when it comes to VASSAL. So I went with the old school method. Sent you a PM! Let me know if you got it!

Devin Heinle

Administrator
Staff member
aaaaand the first issue with the counter sheets have cropped up.....I have only included 1 dismounted motorcycle infanty and half squad in the mix. I THOUGHT the 1-4-4 germans in the 'Heroes of the Motherland' had the red assault 4...but they dont...adding the proper dismounted infantry to the counter sheets now....sorry about this! This is why we need many eyes on the kit as possible! =)

or you can use the 1-4-4-5 infantry provided in Heroes and remember they are supposed to have a red 4 for Assault.

Last edited:

Devin Heinle

Administrator
Staff member
for the playtesters- a couple of tweaks to a couple of the scenarios

Counter Mix-yes Im aware that there are no 'Hit and Run' counters provided in the counter mix for MUs to use. Still working on the exact counter count and didnt include them (mostly because I forgot about them)

Scenario #1-Remove Special Rule #1 prohibiting the germans from firing SWs when Mounted. This will default to the Mainrulebook that says Motorcycle MUs can fire SWs if they are FP 2 or less (6.6.2)

Scenario #11-Change the German 8x1-6-4-5 units to 8x1-4-4-5 Dismounted Motorcycle Infantry.
Add in the following Special Rule-The German 1-4-4-5 Dismounted MU units may never Mount their motorcycles for this scenario.

Thanks all!

Devin Heinle

Administrator
Staff member
Another change to the module rules! As its always true that playtesters will spot and find rules that designers will take for granted or just overlook or make assumptions about....Sometimes when feedback comes in people find ways of doing things not expected..

So under the rules for Incompetent Leaders please add in the following rule. Thanks all!

An Incompetent Leader MUST start a game set up with a friendly Squad, Half-Squad, Mounted Unit (MU) or Weapon Team. They may never voluntarily move by themselves and must remain stacked with friendly Squad, Half-Squad, Mounted Unit (MU) or Weapon Team. If for some reason they find themselves alone in a hex they must move to rejoin the closest Squad, Half-Squad, Mounted Unit (MU) or Weapon Team, taking the safest route possible. In this instance the safest route is described as the route to the closest friendly Squad, Half-Squad, Mounted Unit (MU) or Weapon Team that triggers the least number of potential Op Fires.