Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Civil War Games No Longer Being Offered for Sale

Is Pulling Civil War Game Because of the Confederate Flag going to far.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
If you have not heard the news in the wisdom of both Apple and Amazon took down all Board and Digital Civil War games because they have a Confederate flag in them...... yes truly UNREAL. We at Lock 'n Load Publishing are truly amazed at the lack of any thought that has gone into this. Enough is enough so we are giving away our only Print and Play Civil War game for free for a limited time.

Attachments

• General-Robert-E-Leebdr2.jpg
    General-Robert-E-Leebdr2.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Lee Banner Website.jpg
    Lee Banner Website.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 34
  • LeeatGettysburgAid.jpg
    LeeatGettysburgAid.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 42
  • LeeatGettysburgCounters.jpg
    LeeatGettysburgCounters.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 54
  • LeeatGettysburgMap.jpg
    LeeatGettysburgMap.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 54
  • LeeatGettysburgRules.jpg
    LeeatGettysburgRules.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 41

Mark747

Thanks, David (I think). It's a generous offer (which I just downloaded). I wish the circumstances were different for your business, and this hobby. I'd bet anything that not one person was ever offended by a Confederate flag in Lee at Gettysburg, or ever will be. I shudder to think that History Books and Historic Novels might be banned by Amazon and Apple.

Dan Buman

WOW! What a weird world we live in today. Really hard to believe their decision! Thanks for the great offer David!!

rich

"I'd bet anything that not one person was ever offended by a Confederate flag"

actually, what the flag stands for does offend me... but not if it is in its correct historical context (eg a museum, a film, or a serious wargame)

"What a weird world we live in today"
it has always been weird (usa, land of the free... as long as you are white, christian and wealthy; uk democracy... as long as it serves those in charge; islam, a religion of peace... as long as you are not jewish; israel, refuge to the persecuted... as long as you are not palestinian; love thy neighbour... as long as he agrees with you)

love is all, is alright
but you've left it a little too late
love is all, is alright
but you've got to find a little more hate

:)

Mark747

"but not if it is in its correct historical context (eg a museum, a film, or a serious wargame)"

Rich, I'm not trying to tell you what to think. I disagree with you about the Confederate Flag being offensive, but that's OK, too. I think you do agree with me that banning sales of "serious wargames" that bear the Confederate Flag because they might offend someone is off base. If I expressed that inartfully, that's my bad.

rich

everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is based on knowledge and reasoning

everyone is entitled to express their reason as long as it shows consciousness and does not cause offence

the confederate flag is an anachronism that yearns for an age that was golden for a few, a trial for many and slavery for innocents

for me it is the same when i see the union flag flying in the uk... a symbol of imperialism and forced subjection of scotland and ireland (wales does not even get a look in as it is a 'principality'). i seem to be in the minority as can be seen by the upsurge in its appearance in the last few years (coincidental with the rise of the far right in england and in europe as a whole)

the past is another country, the future is more important
(bur not in wargames!!!)

:)

Kent Reuber

I'm trying to download this game, but I'm stuck.

1) The store passwords I have seem to be wrong, so I click the "forgot password" link. I'm told that an email is being sent, but none arrive. And yes, I've checked my spam folder.

2) When I try to submit the support ticket I'm told that my text is "inappropriate" or contains spam. Hmm. I'm not using any bad language... So, I don't have a way to bring the problem to LNL's attention, except to post to the form.

Perturabo

It's a barbaric act of historical vandalism.

Also, I hate when people try to force morality on games and fiction.

rich

"It's a barbaric act of historical vandalism"

more barbaric than fighting to keep slavery? more barbaric than gaining wealth from the labour of people with no past or future, only the present day-to-day drudgery and the promise of a little food and a few hours sleep? more barbaric than lynchings? more barbaric than shooting unarmed civilians? more barbaric than stopping people using public amenities due to the colour of their skin?

what does that flag stand for if not for secession, WASP supremacy and maintaining the immoral status quo?

"I hate when people try to force morality on games and fiction"

yes, in serious wargames

the recent killings are not a fiction and are not games

how many of those white southerners first sent their condolences before waving their flag and 'driving for pride'?

should germans and austrians be allowed to show the swastika because they are 'proud' of their grandfathers' actions ("he was in the fighting waffen-ss, not one of those nasty killer-ss boys")

pc = political correctness? or polite and considerate?

Not that I support slavery - a deplorable practice still in effect in many countries around the world - but let's at least get our facts straight:
1. It was not a "civil war"; a civil war is when two or more factions are fighting for control of the country. In the case of the American "Civil War", the Southern states were trying to secede from the Union due to what they believed were infringements on their economic rights. Put another way, the war was a State's rights issue.
2. Slavery was not the only reason for the war. If freeing the slaves had been the cause and the goal of the war, Lincoln would not have waited until the 1864 election campaign to sign the Emancipation Proclamation. He was afraid he was going to lose the 1864 election and that his opponent would sue for a negotiated peace and needed the votes of the abolitionists to maintain the Union. Viewed cynically, the Emancipation Proclamation was nothing more than a vote-buying ploy that had no power of compulsion over the Southern States.
3. The great majority of Southerners at the time did not and never did own slaves - that was the purview of the large, labor intensive tobacco and rice plantations. Most people couldn't afford to feed the extra mouths.
4. The flag that has been turned into a controversy is not the "Confederate Flag". Instead, it is properly known as the "Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia". The flag of the Confederate States of America was something completely different. There was no "Confederate" flag per se.
The United States of America is the only country I know of in history that tore itself apart due to the issue of slavery. Over 620,000 Americans died in that war - more than nearly every war we've ever fought. Combined. To put it in context, we only suffered 291,000 combat deaths in WW2
We enacted the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments to our Constitution to constitutionally abolish the practice of slavery. We've engaged in self-flagellation for over 150 years. What else do we need to do?
I, for one, am going to see if I can't take Cemetery Ridge. ;)

Regards,

Scott Chisholm

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and support, it really means a lot to us. The giveaway will end this Monday July 6 so make sure you get your copy and let your friends know.

David