Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Close Assault in LnL Solo

TerryB

Hi guys!

I see there is a Close Assult flowchart for both Offensive and Defensive postures.

However, what "triggers" the use of this chart? I've seen the keyword Overrun on the cards, but I cant find anything (I looked through cards and other charts) that indicates when to perform a CA. Did I miss something, as usual?

This came up in my current solitaire game as the only good order AEO remaining would be probably be best CAing the PU tank that just moved (AEO is a Hero with Tank Killer skill). At least thats what I would do if I were playing. But it just got me wondering how CA is handled in the Solitaire system.

Thanks in advance

TerryB

After checking the BBG site I found that
There are orders on the card in the priority section to "Enter Melee".

So my understanding from checking through the cards is that only adjacent units (from the priority orders) would enter into Close Assault.

I know this is me trying to force my playing "style" on the AEO, but is being adjacent the only situation in which AEO would consider Close Assault?

Thanks in advance.
Terry

TerryB

Take a look at the close assault flowchart. This can be used in conjunction with a move. Like Opportunity fire, if the target presents itself the flowcharts can guide the AEO to the type of move it would make.

Sean replied to me over on the BBG board, I'll copy his answer here (my bold) in case it helps anyone else.

If talking to yourself is the first sign of madness, I wonder what replying to your own threads means..:confused:

Barthheart

Staff member
Thanks for following this through and cross posting Terry.

And listen to the voices... but only when they give you good advice. :)