Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Cmd Ops 2 Graphical User Interface (GUI)

Joe98

I really like the idea that all the information boxes are floating on the screen. I presume we can minimise as we see fit and move them as we see fit.

I have further suggestions:

I should be able to have 2 or more open at a time as I see fit. If I can only open 1 at a time that would become painful.

If I move, for example, the OOB screen to location A, then minimise the OOB, later I open the OOB it should once again appear at location A.

If I move, for example, the OOB screen to location B, then minimise the OOB, later I open the OOB it should once again appear at location B.

Joe

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Joe,

I have some good news and some bad news. On the good side yes it remembers the location of the dialogs. Yes you can have multiple force data windows but only one of the other windows. There is a good reason for only having one OB window because we have linked it to the map selection so you can issue orders directly from it. It's a bit hard to explain that without a lot of screen dumps. That will have to wait for now.

At the moment you can't resize the dialogs. That will require writing a whole new graphical control class. It's something we can aim for in a subsequent release. You can however dismiss them and then reopen them later, which is akin to your minimise.

Joe98

Mis - understanding. They don't need to be resized. The same size every time is best.

My plan is that
Dialog A will always appear at location A ( a location of my choice)
Dialog B will always appear at location B ( a location of my choice).

And so on and so forth.

PS: as I move my mouse over the toolbar, each button produces a hint.

The dialogs will be down the left side. They too should produce a hint as I move the mouse across them.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Werewolf13,

Hah, I think in the end I uploaded the wrong screen shot.:rolleyes: Here's a better, more explicit shot. Note that instead of the old sidebar we now have independent dialogs for all the data views. You can even have multiple force data views.Multiple Force Data Views.jpg

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Also with the multiple force data views, the first one you open will always update with the map selection, whereas the others stay as they were - ie they are based on the force you had selected at the time they were opened. This gives you the flexibility of comparing force data acros different units while retaining the ewase of use of updating a force data view as you click on units around the map.

The OB display now supports multiple selection and these are synced with the map selections. This means that you can now select a group in the OB display and issue orders to it without having to find and control click each unit on the map.