Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 SCENARIO FACTORY "Bloody Christmas" Ortona '43

kohlenklau

Does anyone want to work together to make a CO2 scenario?

national-geographic-society-tanks-roll-out-of-an-american-assembly-line-during-world-war-ii_zps05e3f302.jpg

kohlenklau

Proposal: I would create a dropbox folder with invites to all the Scenario factory employees.
We could coordinate by PM or Email who would have the working copy open to make editing progress for the ESTAB file.
Same with the map or maps. We could target Ortona but also we could look at Sicily summer '43.

I farted around yesterday to try and devise a pleasing to the eye color scheme for the Canadian unit counters!
I thought some red for the Canadian flag and some khaki for the commonwealth/ties to the Brits.
But I will post some screenshots and let anybody interested vote in a beauty contest! :D

kohlenklau

Reading up in the editor manuals (courtesy of Matt D.).

The SE manual gives some tips on naming nomenclature for force designations which I did not see in the actual Estab Editor!

So, per the SE manual, I will use this general nomenclature system for my Canadian units.

3M-CN.1ID-Inf Coy

3 for 1943
M for Mediterranean
CN for Canadian.
1ID for Ist Infantry Division

My goal is to get going to make a teeny tiny scenario this weekend.
A few rifle companies with some tank platoons attacking across the Moro against some dug-in German units.

Crawl before you walk, walk before you run.

kohlenklau

The estab editor only lets you duplicate at the force level. I had to createnor at least assumed I SHOULD create Canada as a new nation. Then I just reused British flags for now! Don't tell my Canuck buddies from CM gaming...

Then for the copy and paste forces it would only let ne assign CO as a major. Then figured out I have to re-enter all ranks. Ugggh.

Maybe I should just tuck all newly created CN forces under British....

One of the other stock Estabs does it that way....

kohlenklau

Alrighty Gentlemen!

My son is off to spend the weekend with his mom so I can hunker down and "become one" with the editors!
A couple pots of coffee and just take it in short clips like doing your tax return! :D

Rob

Alrighty Gentlemen!

My son is off to spend the weekend with his mom so I can hunker down and "become one" with the editors!
A couple pots of coffee and just take it in short clips like doing your tax return! :D

Sounds like a plan!

It will be nice to see some Canucks in the game :woot:

Rob.

kohlenklau

MapScan 0.bmp loaded and tracing has commenced. It is 10km high x 19.8km wide.
Some lovely views of the blue Adriatic.

kohlenklau

I for the first time used a google earth technique to obtain contour lines. Learned it off a BFC forum post I read. I had an old Italian road map but no actual topo map.
My elevations are 200 to 0. I am trying to see what to do since co2 only allows a max number of elevations. The joys of learning a new system...

kohlenklau

I got my first baby scenario!

San Leonardo.
A 3km x 3km map with RCR trying to cross the mighty Moro.

Rudimentary with some frustrating oddities but I am resisting smashing a beer bottle against the monitor.

Patience....

kohlenklau

I have a lot to learn about the fine tuning of a CO2 scenario. I have this one only at 3 hours long but perhaps that is insanely too short for this game engine? Maybe the AI thought cycles work at some longer time period anyway?

I will expand the map to the greater area around Ortona (about 10kmx20km) and lengthen the timeframe (several days) and roll in many more units. EVENTUALLY.... :D