Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 Thoughts

Brix

I am a long time CO1 player and I just completed my first CO2 scenario.

I played as the Axis in Peipers Race to the Meuse and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I really like the new UI. Very slick. The situation map in the scenario selection window is also great. Combat seems more decisive and fluid. Not so many long slugfests. The manual is very well produced and lucid. CO2 is definitely a step forward and a credit to all concerned.

Two relatively minor issues I had were :

1. I remember reading somewhere that you can now display the actually supply route to units from supply bases
( not just the straight line) but I couldn't find a way to display this. Could somebody please advise ?

2. One of my panzer companies with 14 tanks got involved in a fierce fight and my attention was diverted to another part of the battlefield. When I returned to the panzer battle a few minutes later I took a look at the panzer unit details and found it was down to one tank ! Quite a shock for this commander ! Would it be possible in a future update to generate a warning message of some kind when a unit takes severe casualties ? Maybe initially if it loses one third of its AFVs.

One again many thanks the the developers, particularly to Dave.

Jason Rimmer

I too would like to see more radio messages coming in from units esp the type mentioned above. Maybe you can set radio contact options when issuing an order so it ties in with the order, say "Contact me when force at 1/3 (Could go from 3/4 to 1/4) present combat power". Aswell as ones to say " Enemy spotted","Engaging", "Breaking contact", "under moderate bombardment" (could go from light to heavy) and "resting". Also set if the game should pause on certain radio contacts, Make sure messages have hyper links to take you to said unit.

All the above should be optional and be tied to an order. This would mean you only get messages that you have asked for and know will be important and not flooded with them. One thing if all Radio equip destroyed in said unit then no radio messages.

Bullman

I like the spirit of the suggestions There are issues I can see however with adding more sound bytes for different things. The more sound cues added to the game the "busier" the game can get with a potential for generating a cacophony of sounds. This issue would typically be accentuated at faster game speeds as you probably have already experienced with the sounds of battle.

I think the game could benefit from adding more sound and message cues to actions/events that occur in the game.

Brix

I too would like to see more radio messages coming in from units esp the type mentioned above. Maybe you can set radio contact options when issuing an order so it ties in with the order, say "Contact me when force at 1/3 (Could go from 3/4 to 1/4) present combat power". Aswell as ones to say " Enemy spotted","Engaging", "Breaking contact", "under moderate bombardment" (could go from light to heavy) and "resting". Also set if the game should pause on certain radio contacts, Make sure messages have hyper links to take you to said unit.

All the above should be optional and be tied to an order. This would mean you only get messages that you have asked for and know will be important and not flooded with them. One thing if all Radio equip destroyed in said unit then no radio messages.

These are all excellent suggestions Jason !

Daz

An overhaul of the message feature has been asked for before by myself included.
If any of you guys have played Hearts of Iron 3 you will be aware of the excellent message options they have, that would work great in this game I think.
Options to change text color and pause on events.

simovitch

When you display "supply" instead of "command" lines, the actual routes should display for units which I believe are currently getting a response from a supply request. Other units get the straight line.

Daz

When you display "supply" instead of "command" lines, the actual routes should display for units which I believe are currently getting a response from a supply request. Other units get the straight line.
Yeah, the best time to look at them is to select the depots, with the supply lines turned on, at around about the routine supply times at 06:00 and 18:00.
This will show the route the supply is taking to get to the requesting units.
At other times the lines will just be straight, unless an emergency supply is taking place.

Brix

Yeah, the best time to look at them is to select the depots, with the supply lines turned on, at around about the routine supply times at 06:00 and 18:00.
This will show the route the supply is taking to get to the requesting units.
At other times the lines will just be straight, unless an emergency supply is taking place.

Thank you Daz and Simovitch for clarifying the supply lines issue.

Daz

You should try it Pete, when HOI4 comes out.
Its a great way to learn the events of WW2, and the strategic problems facing the different countries, from start to finish as well as getting a good grasp on geography.

One of the things that really blew me away when I started playing was the sheer size of Russia.
I have always known its big, but trying to conquer it really drove the point home.
If Napoleon and Hitler had a computer game to test their plans on, they would never have even started their campaigns I'm sure.

john connor

I have HOI3, Daz, from ages ago, but never managed to get past those messages. You think HOI4 will be better? Maybe I'll give it another run. Thanks.