Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Combat round flow

Alan Eshelman

Hey all, I've been going through the rules slowly and assembling a few pages of cheat-sheets (basically rewriting the rules because I find them difficult to follow). Would anyone care to check me on this combat round flow? I posted this on BGG but didn't get any replies so I thought I'd check here.

Code:
1. Play Resource Cards (NOT as Strategic Events)
    a. Japan may play one RC.
    b. Allies may play one RC.
    c. Repeat 1.a. and 1.b. until both players pass.
2. Airstrike Combat
    a. Active player rolls against the CRT, and evenly assigns Hits to opposing units.
       Prior to rolling, be sure to check for Column Shifts that may occur due to
       opponent force composition.
    b. Inactive player rolls against the CRT and evenly assigns Hits to opposing units.
       Prior to rolling, be sure to check for Column Shifts that may occur due to
       opponent force composition.
    c. Both players roll for damage, simultaneously applying the effects.
    d. Does the Active player retreat? If yes, end combat and retreat all of the Active
       player’s units.
    e. Does the Non-Active player retreat? If yes, end combat and retreat all of the
       Inactive player’s units.
3. Surface Combat
    a. The Active player decides whether to engage in Surface Combat. If not, skip to Step 4.
    b. Active player rolls against the CRT, then the opposing player evenly assigns those
       Hits to their units.
    c. Inactive player rolls against the CRT, then the opposing player evenly assigns those
       Hits to their units.
    d. Both players roll for damage, simultaneously applying the effects.
    e. Does the Active player retreat? If yes, end combat and retreat all of the Active
       player’s units.
    f. Does the Non-Active player retreat? If yes, end combat and retreat all of the
       Inactive player’s units.
4. Additional rounds of Combat can occur if all of the following are true:
    a. Neither player retreated from the OZ.
    b. The Attacker has one or more remaining Movement Points to spend on further combat
       rounds. If they choose to press the attack for another round, go back to Step 1

Last edited: