Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Command Ops 1 - Prokhorovka: Central Corridor

Command Ops 1 - Prokhorovka: Central Corridor v1.0

john connor

john connor submitted a new resource:

Prokhorovka: Central Corridor for CO1 - Small scenario to play as Axis only

A small 14 hour scenario to be played as Axis only. This is the key central corridor area of the Prokhorovka battle, part of one of the largest clash of tanks in history.

There are 6 files within the zipped folder.
1. Unzip the folder contents to a location of your choice.
2. Place the 3 estab files (the COE, XML and empty EFSTEstab images folder) in the BFTB estab folder
3. Place the Central Corridor 'cop' file in the BFTB map folder. Ditto the cop.cache file
4. Place the 'The Central...

Read more about this resource...

Tainster

I've converted this to CO2 although the scenario has no objectives or forces. Is there a way of retreiving this information?

john connor

I have downloaded it and 'converted' it also, simply by opening each bit (estab, map, scenario) in the respective CO2 editor and converting each bit like that, but it still crashes at start with some error, not sure which. I could get past that because I'm running a special version of the game (for beta testing) and thus I was able to play the scenario a bit. I'm not sure how well it converts if you haven't got that version. The presence of the ahistorical panzerfausts and panzerschrecks in the Axis estab doesn't seem to make much difference as the forces never get so close to each other that they would be in range! It's just a bloodbath. I must have 'scripted' the soviets (via objectives) to get them to behave more or less historically, which they do, with predictable historical results, each time. The Axis player just needs to issue one Defend in situ order to all forces and let it run in order to get a draw. Time runs out before much else would be possible. Not the most interesting scenario. I didn't try it from the Soviet side, however. That would be more challenging maybe. Maybe not, as at the moment the AI tends to change all the initial dispositions at start and if it does this in this scenario it will lose the benefit of all the dug-in Axis positions, which would make it perhaps too easy for the Soviets, who have an overwhelming numerical superiority. I think perhaps now - several years since I made this scenario - I would think that Prokhorovka is one of those battles where the asymmetrical historical set-up tends to dictate a particular almost inevitable result (the historical result) and thus it's not the most interesting battle to put in a game.

Last edited: