command ops 2 is out !!!

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by pierreoza, Mar 15, 2015.

1. pierreoza

pierreoza Member

Hi everyone,

the game is out !

just downloading !

2. Perturabo

Perturabo Member

The installer demands a serial number D: .

Oh, it's on the downloads page, not orders page. Confusing.

#2 Perturabo, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. Jesús

Jesús Member

"user authentication failed" here when trying to purchase the bundle either using PayPal or credit card. :blackeye:
    Edited: I managed finally to make the payment via Paypal.

What I found so far after installation:

The PDF manual included in the CO2 installation is not complete, it just shows 24 pages out of 212.
    Edited: I just read Dave's sticky about the manual, it's a work in progress yet.

Apart from that, the game looks nice. :happy:

#3 Jesús, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  4. DerGrenadier

DerGrenadier Member

Everything worked fine here. I payed by PayPal. I just finished installation and Iam about to start it for the very first time. My hands shake and I feel like a little child before Xmas. Off I pop.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Member

No, no, bad timing. I can't afford it now. I shouldn't buy this.

I can't afford it now....

I can''t afford it...

I can't...

I....

Damn.

6. john connor

john connor Member

Bought it (CO2 and the Commander pack). Seemed to be without problems through paypal - now I'll try to download it! Great stuff. Thanks! Can't wait to get to Africa....

My order number was 1112. I hope that means that already 1,112 people have bought it!

Best of luck with sales Dave and David.

Peter

7. john connor

john connor Member

Just started Manhay, to get a feel for it. Wow. Seems quite different. I might even have to look at the manual.... How do I change the icon scaling, for example?

And what is 'Plan'?

8. DerGrenadier

DerGrenadier Member

Just came back from fiddeling around with Return to St. Vith. I love the way you can now "arrange" the interface. As I have 2 Monitors I open the map on my 1st screen and on my 2nd I arrange all the different control windows e.g. I place the OOB and Reinforcements windows together with the Orders windows in one "Group" This way I can easily scout through my Units and give them orders very quickly. And I love the new Overlays. But what is the Armor Overlay for? Obvioulsy not for movement or fire.

9. planetbrain

planetbrain Member

I have it all downloading right now!!!.....download is slow though (around 40-45KB/s=3 1/2 hrs+)

10. planetbrain

planetbrain Member

It had better not cut out, as there appears to be no download resuming :bookworm:
    I'm in Melbourne area Australia, btw.

11. Gary Bezant

Gary Bezant Member

Purchase and download was nice and easy. I didn't like the scaled unit icons but that was easily fixed with a mouse click in options. My first quick impression, WOW, it looks well worth the wait. Great job Dave.

12. Alan Taylor

Alan Taylor Member

Those of us thinking of buying the Commander package straight away, are all modules ready to play?

Plodder has just posted over on the GrogHeads Forum stating that a number of situation Maps are not yet complete, for example for both Bastogne and Ride of the Valkyries.

If correct can we have a list of modules that are at present complete/incomplete and if incomplete a time frame when all modules will be ready.

13. The Plodder

The Plodder Member

The Situation maps are being developed totally separate to the actual modules so the modules are complete, afaik. I've come fairly late in the process so I'm quite a bit behind but it doesn't make sense to hold up releasing the modules when all they are missing is a bit of chrome. You'll just see the default situation map when choosing a scenario, that's all.

14. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

That's correct advice. The Situation Awareness Maps (SAM) will be added as and when Rich (aka The Plodder ) get's them done. They do not affect game play but they do help provide some contextual awareness when selecting a scenario.

15. Alan Taylor

Alan Taylor Member

Thanks, Plodder and Dave. Just playing about with the Core engine for now but a purchase buy of the complete package is imminent.

16. Daz

Daz Member

The lateness of the situational maps is my fault guys Im very sorry about that. Richard has done a superb job from what I have seen of them. Thanks for taking over the project at such a late stage in development mate.

I am away from home this week, but cant wait to get back & try the game next week. the changes look great.

17. ioticus

ioticus Member

Why does the core engine say free for a limited time? I thought the core engine would always be free? Correct me if I'm wrong.

18. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

I've asked the publisher to remove that. It should simply read "Free!". The core is free, end of story.