Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Command Ops 2 - On Steam Feb 15 2017

Tomas

Hello,

was looking forward to play the Command Ops 2 game via Steam, but I ran into problems.

Tried to install the Command Ops 2 (core engine) from Steam but the only files downloaded are files in:

..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Command Ops 2\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.1
..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Command Ops 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013

After install is done I launch the game within Steam and I get the menu where I select 'Play Command Ops 2' and click 'Play'
Then I get an error popup 'Steam - Error' Failed to start game (missing executable).

I've tried to:
Uninstall and re-install the game within Steam - No change
Used the Verify Integrity Of Game Files... (Right click game->Properties->Local files)

I could post a support request to Steam (available via the above mentioned error popup, but I post here first

Br,
Tomas

Miquel Ramirez

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.linkedin.com
Actually, the actual release is 10PM PST, which is 5AM AEST, and somthing like 3PM in Europe. So it's still a few hours away.

Steam's email announcing the release, though got into my inbox at 10PM AEST on the dot.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Tomas, thanks for posting here. We tested the installers pretty thoroughly over the last few weeks. I'm downloading the latest build yet again from the Steam Store. Once it finishes I'll check it out and see what's gone wrong. Stay tuned.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Tomas,

I just installed from Steam. It installed all the right files and runs fine on my Win 7 machine here.

The two files you referred to above:
..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Command Ops 2\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.1
..\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Command Ops 2\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013
should be in the _CommonRedist directory, which is one of 14 sub directories. There should be a lot more other files in your Command Ops 2 directory. Here's a screen dump of what I have:
CO2 Steam Install directory listing.jpg

Can you please check your steamapps\common\Command Ops 2 directory for me and confirm they are not there. If they are not there can you please do a search on your system for CmdOps.exe and if you find it, tell me where its been put.

One other question. Do you already have Cmd ops installed from Lock N Load?

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
It's either:
- As Miquel pointed out, CO is not really live yet, Dave might have access to the content being an app admin, but regular folks would not be able to download it till it's really live. However, I would expect Steam to handle this kind of situation (by disallowing any downloads/purchases or something).
- Or some step(s) were missing during the publishing (i.e. making test build available to public was not done in a way it is supposed to be).
I'll also be looking into it.

Tomas

Hi Dave,
Can you please check your steamapps\common\Command Ops 2 directory for me and confirm they are not there. If they are not there can you please do a search on your system for CmdOps.exe and if you find it, tell me where its been put.

Still only the standard Steam Depots (VC 2013 Redist & .NET 4.5.1 Redist)
https://steamdb.info/app/521800/depots/

No CmdOps.exe on my PC (Win10) after installation via Steam
One other question. Do you already have Cmd ops installed from Lock N Load?

No, not currently.

I've also tried to connect to different download regions:

Sweden
US - New York
Australia - SA

I've cleared the download cache

Br
Tomas

Tomas

Hi,

the mounted depots part of the appmanifest_521800.acf - per 15:10:00 UTC +1

"MountedDepots"
{
"228985" "5758075142805954616"
"229004" "3575109949731994142"
}

the mounted depots part of the appmanifest_521800.acf - per 15:13:00 UTC +1

"MountedDepots"
{
"228985" "5758075142805954616"
"229004" "3575109949731994142"
"521801" "4336161137454458416"
}

And voila, now it works fine!

BR
Tomas

Dmitry

Also interested, if there any way to get a Steam key, if previously bought from LnL? Thank you.