Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Command Ops Future ?

Spootnak

not likely as far i know. Current plans are to release a very large update to CO2 along with the Bradley at Bay scenario pack, sometime in the next year or so. Beyond that has not been stated i dont think.

VinSix

Thanks for response.. TBH i have more than on my plate with CO2 :) but took forward to an update....

john connor

Future plans as outlined in the increasingly distant past include mounted ops coding, some scripting capability for scenario designers, changes to make use of multi-threading and the long-promised EF pack (by which I don't mean Ioncore's smaller EF - Russia v Japan - DLC that is closer to release, but what was billed as a Chir River battles pack when it was last mentioned publically). But it's true that I haven't heard the devs speak about any of these plans more recently (as it's proved very time consuming to work on the latest update alone) except perhaps the scenario scripting addition, which one of the devs is quite keen on, though even that seems to be an awful lot of work and for all this there's basically Dave (the dev) and Ioncore, (who assists), who do the coding. So, I think it would be fair to say that things move quite slowly......

The update being worked on now does many things that are more to do with quite technical changes to the AI routines, to produce a better AI opponent.

I personally think the most important improvement work would be the scripting capability and some kind of mount/dismount solution. I feel (personally) that the game would be 'complete' with these additions. It would be nice to know - from the devs - whether these are still planned and over what time frame?

Last edited: