Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Companion Books

Jack Ruetty

Just received Defiance, Falklands and Red Star Companion Books. They are really nice. Well worth purchasing. Really like them when playing the digital game.

My question: would like to purchase for Nam, Pacific and Normandy. But all three titles still say "Module Rules and Scenarios Spiral-Bound Booklet" not Companion Book.

Is this a misprint or are the Companion Books not available for Heroes of the Nam, Pacific and Normandy?

Thanks
Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
They might not YET be available. The first three you own are the first three I worked on. I suspect the others will show up at some point but your question is a good one, as this could be only an oversight. I will try to get an answer for you from someone in the knows and report back

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Hi Jack!

There is an update of the web store going on. They should become available when it's done, because they are ready

Jack Ruetty

Thanks again. I have a game question. Maybe not the best place to ask it but here goes. Some of the French tanks in Heroes in Defiance have multiple ordinance weapons. Do they have to fire both ordinance in the same impulse (I assume they do)? If so at the same target and if this is true what if the target is destroyed on the first shot? Could they shift fire to another target in the hex?

Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I only see the B1 bis has having multiple ordnance weapons and here are the module rules for it:

15.9.1 B1-bis
These tanks can fire their turret weapon(s) (4-Firepower machine gun and 2 HE-equivalent 47 mm cannon) at a target different from their hull weapon (75 mm, 3 HEequivalent cannon) in the same impulse.

When firing at the same hex, these guns share a Target Acquisition marker. The hull 75 mm can’t be fired in an Assault Move, but is used when calculating Overrun Firepower (15.3).

The French B1 bis 75mm was mounted in the hull and thus must use the front hull covered arc.

Jack Ruetty

Yeah you are right only the B1. Putting the two sentences from your post above together: 1) They must fire both HE equivalent guns in the same impulse (along with the MG which makes sense as all LNL guns must fire in 1 impulse). 2) The two HE equivalent guns can fire at different targets. 3) The phrase "When firing at the same hex" in the second sentence implies they can fire at targets in different hexes?

Jack

Jack Ruetty

That's different. I will have to check that on the digital game.

Thanks
Jack