Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Compendium scenarios with mis-matched terrain

Paul Aceto

I am playing Landing on Langoan from LnLT compendium vol 1. It's a rare opportunity to have a tactical match between Japanese and Dutch troops.

I have an issue though with the maps. The scenario uses Map 23, which is from Heroes Against the Red Star. It has several large wheat fields that block LOS. The odds of there being wheat fields in the Dutch East Indies is, I'm guessing, pretty slim. I'm treating them as kunai grass.

I don't know how common an issue this is with compendium scenarios that use maps from other modules, but they probably need SSRs to deal with it, or a general rule that says you use the closest terrain in the theater where the battle occurs.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Note that you can use map 23 from Heroes in Defiance, since you already got your Dutch units from said box. Not that it adress your point in any way :)