Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Complex Attacks

Paul Jager

Been reading in the manual about complex attacks. To use these successfully do I need a group to command that has a mixture of infantry and armoured vehicles like tanks? If so, which HQ do I attach them to and give orders to? Hope that this makes sense.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
If your attack is going to involve a number of battalions - eg two Inf Bns and an armoured Bn, then choose the regiment or brigade HQ for one of these Bns and hold the control key down while you select the other forces you need that are not under command of the Regt/Bde HQ. You can if need be just simply control select all three Bns and not choose a higher HQ. The senior Bn HQ will be designated as the boss for the mission. But it may end up ov erloaded and it may take longer for it to process and send orders.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Paul,

Don't sweat this. Just issue orders to the force you think will have the best chance of success against the enemy at the objective. All a complex attack really is, is one involving multiple HQs. So if you are going up against an enemy Bn then you are going to need more than one friendly Bn as a general rule. So just pick the bets force to hand, assign whatever extra support you think it may need and let the AI do the rest. If you prefer, and many on this forum do, then order your Bns indivudually. Eg order yourt Inf Bn to assault through the covered terrain, your armoured Bn to assault through the clear terrain and either set your arty to fire at call or do what I do and set half to on call and the other half assign in direct support of each of the attacking Bns. Try out both methods and see what works best for you. That's the beauty of the sandbox that is Command Ops. You can experiment. Just save before each different approach.