Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Continuous movement and disembarking passengers

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Can a vehicle on continuous movement start its impulse by disembarking passengers then moving away?

Norm

Stephane, this is only an interpretation, but I would say yes, based upon the fact that Continuous Movement specifically allows for the subsequent to turn to be split for Assault Movement and the rules also allow Assault Movement to be used to disembark passengers, so the relationship between continuous movement, assault move and disembarking appear to allow for half a turns worth of movement to be used on an activity other than specifically physically moving from hex to hex - that time continuum thing perhaps!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes, I was thinking the same but seeing that a vehicle must come to an halt to unload passenger, I was wondering

Norm

I know, it seems counter-intuitive, but I am to some degree relying on the fact that WWII tanks could not fire on the move, so in Assault Movement etc, in reality, the vehicle is stopped. Even the Sherman Gyro was disliked and often switched off. I suppose the problem comes with the fact that modern vehicles can fire on the move more successfully, but even then there is a balance of not going flat-out Vs gunnery control.

It probably needs an official answer to put it to bed.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
No, I think your interpretation is just fine and respect both the letter and the spirit of the rules