Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Convert AAS scenario to current Command Ops 2?

GeoNL

Hello,

My father made a scenario back in 2005 for the old HTTR. And it is in .aas file, the map works fine. But it won't load the scenario. What is the easiest way to make it compatible with command ops 2?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Sorry but that version is so old we no longer support it. The file formats for both the scenario files and estab files are very different. We've added so much since those days. The map file format hasn't changed though and as you point out you should be able to get that back up and running. But for the rest, I'm afraid, you will have to redesign these.

Hello,

My father made a scenario back in 2005 for the old HTTR. And it is in .aas file, the map works fine. But it won't load the scenario. What is the easiest way to make it compatible with command ops 2?
If you have the HttR software, check to see if there's a SM.exe tool included in the package. Using that tool, you should be able to export force data obtained by opening the Scenario File and use that data as the basis for reconstructing the scenario using the CO2 versions of SceneMaker, Mapmaker, and EstabEditor. Though it would be more difficult than simply running a conversion program, the original data would serve as a good foundation for reconstructing the scenario with the new tools.

In building personal scenarios, I found that once the Map is completed collecting the data and background on how to deploy units using that data more labor intensive than actually constructing the scenario.

Last edited:

GeoNL

If you have the HttR software, check to see if there's a SM.exe tool included in the package. Using that tool, you should be able to export force data obtained by opening the Scenario File and use that data as the basis for reconstructing the scenario using the CO2 versions of SceneMaker, Mapmaker, and EstabEditor. Though it would be more difficult than simply running a conversion program, the original data would serve as a good foundation for reconstructing the scenario with the new tools.

In building personal scenarios, I found that once the Map is completed collecting the data and background on how to deploy units using that data more labor intensive than actually constructing the scenario.

Thanks, yes I still have HttR around somewhere. I will try this.