Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Counters getting blurry and sharp again while zooming out?

Wiggum

Do this test, zoom all the way in and then zoom out step by step and look at the counters, you will notice that at a certain zoom level they go blurry and then on a certain zoom lever sharp again and then on max zoom out they go blurry again...at least that happens to me...

I did some testing on counter sharpness and it seem the counters look really sharp when you are zoomed in and then i zoomed out step by step and at a certain step the become really blurry (for some reason not always all but only some)...and they stay blurry for 2-3 steps and then suddenly go sharp again and then suddenly blurry again when you hit max zoom while the map stays sharp.
I use a Nvidea GPU with latest drivers.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
I changed some of the antialiasing settings a bit ago (last week?) to try and eliminate seams on the large maps panels, I'll turn some of them back on for the next build and you can see if there is a difference.

Wiggum

I changed some of the antialiasing settings a bit ago (last week?) to try and eliminate seams on the large maps panels, I'll turn some of them back on for the next build and you can see if there is a difference.

For me, with the newest patch it is better. the blurring is less noticeable when zooming out and more consistent, only at max zoom level do the counters get really blurry.

But maybe others can report how it is for them?

Wiggum

Tom what i also realized now. when you hover over a counter in the bottom window (the one next to the icons for the LOS tool) a popup appears to show more details of the counter and the counters in that window look really blurry...i actually hardly can read them. Are the counters bitmaps? I think with vectors (like .svg) scaling should not be such a issue and no matter what size it should stay sharp. But maybe thats something with the engine or AA. I would love to have sharp counters in this window that i actually can read, not sure if this is possible.