Couple of early stage draft maps...

Discussion in 'World At War 85 Series' started by Matt Lohse, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Matt Lohse

Matt Lohse Editor
    Staff Member

The following are drafts of two new maps for the South African stand alone game. These are very early drafts I put together in illustrator so please forgive the rough state of them. Thinking about a couple of new or only occasionally previously used terrain types....

Dirt Road... has the benefits of a normal road but only if units are NOT stacked. Brown.

Stream... Costs 2MP to cross but otherwise normal (so less of an issue than a river hex). Light blue.

Farm... the single building hexes. Basically provides 1 defensive dice for infantry and cover for them but that is it.

Will post a revised counter list in a few days...

Attached Files:

2. rastamann

rastamann Member

looks cool! I like the rules on the new terrain type. I do seem to recall that dirt roads were usually mined and prime places for ambushes, so disallowing stacking in order to be useable seems a nice touch

3. Matt Lohse

Matt Lohse Editor
    Staff Member

Glad you like it. I am also making an effect or convert the 3 8x11 maps used in the LOF issues into 2 11x17 ones compatible with other maps. It requires a bit of license on my part since the maps don't rotate well, but here are the current drafts of a 4+5 combo map and 3+new half map. As before comments are welcome...

Attached Files:

4. Matt Lohse

Matt Lohse Editor
    Staff Member

And as a teaser, a draft of a map from the other project I am working on. Location is redacted and will take someone all of 15 minutes to guess probably.

5. Matt Lohse

Matt Lohse Editor
    Staff Member

Would help if I attached the file I guess.

Attached Files: