Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Couple of Queries

tasmanuk

Hi all. Playing Heroes of North Africa and my opponent & I have come across a situation which we need help with. My tank has done an overrun on a squad in a hex that contains a Wadi. The module specific rules state that wadis are clear terrain for only spotting and LOS. Does that mean as it is not considered clear terrain for anything else, in this case a tank overrun move, which I need clear terrain to do.

Depending on the answer to my first question, the second may be irrelevant however it may come up at some stage so I will ask anyway. If an overrun is successful and the squads are shaken and the tank moves out of that hex so they squads don't retreat, what happens if another tank overruns that same hex? I know that infantry units would win the melee automatically but does a second overrun also automatically eliminate the squads? Logically it would seem that it would. If infantry can waltz in and win the melee, surely a dirty great big tank driving on top of you a second time would have the same effect.

Thanks

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
First question: 15.3.1 in the module rules mention that overrun can be conducted in wadi hexes

Second question: No, they are not automatically eliminated. Overrun is not the same as a melee. It is a drive-by attack with all guns blazing, while melee is a full round of close combat ending in the destruction of the ennemy. And rule-wise, a succesfull Melee will automatically eliminate an enemy unit; this is very rare with a successfull Overrun.

BTW, overrun does not means driving over, otherwise how can you explain overrun of units in bunker?

Last edited: