Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Couple of questions with Sky Soldiers

Jack Ruetty

1. Twice I had hovering helicopters that attacked with ordinance and MGs, changed to flying mode, but then could not move. If I am reading Helicopter example 2 on page 108 correctly they should have been able to fly.

2. Had a situation with small arms fire on a helicopter 4 hexes from an NVA 2-5-4 squad with a MG (FP of 2 range of 8). Ranges are halved by 19.2.8 on page 111. I think the MG should be able to fire, but the squad should not as it is out of range. Squad fired.

3. Small arms fire from #2 above forced the helicopter to take a Damage Check which it failed. I thought a damaged helicopter was immediately removed from the map. But in this case the helicopter than took a “morale roll to not flee: 11: failure!” I can find nothing in the 5.0 rules about a further morale roll for fleeing beyond a normal damage check for helicopters. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Jack