Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Create Scenario from Saved Game

76mm

Got it, thanks for the quick response. Is there any way to edit saved game files or import them into new scenarios?

Not interested in cheating but rather in using Command Ops for op layer for tactical game...

76mm

Didn't see there that the post was moved, but now I found it. To amplify, this would be a very useful feature which for reasons that I don't understand, is missing in virtually all wargames.

While I understand the fears about facilitating cheating, it seems to me that these could be dealt with via various means, including passwords, ability to turn this feature on/off at the beginning of scenario, some sort of file-check, etc. Some coding to be sure, but it sure doesn't seem to be very complicated.

By the way, after hearing about this game for years, looking foward to diving in, but really waiting for you to come to the Russian Front (already downloaded the Taganrog scenario).

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
It's not that straight forward. Currently the file structures for a saved game and a scenario are not the same. A saved game has all the orders and tasks of the player's and IA's plan. These need to be incorporated. Moreover, we would need a means by which we could cull these as required. So it's not a trivial undertaking.