Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Custom Maps for LnL Tactical Series (Modern)

Howdy!

I'm looking to make a small scenario and map for my RPG group wherein they'll be defending a helicarrier in drydock from the bad guys (yes there's some SHIELD/GI Joe flavor). I have a copy of Day of Heroes on order and in looking at making the map I'm struck by the Tactical book on DrivethruRPG stating that the hexes are 50 meters across.

This doesn't match with what I find on Google Earth for the size of Mogadishu streets. Am I missing something with the scales or is this a conceit to play-ability?

Thanks! And yes, I'll share what maps I end up finishing for the forum to use as they see fit.

I totally appreciate that. At the same time, if I'm going to setup a scenario for the players I want it to have a useful enough feel that they get the feeling of leading a handful of squads in an operation, otherwise we might as well just narrate it ourselves without the map. Which isn't a bad idea, just not what I want to explore at the moment.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
If the map gives you the right "atmosphere", can't you just decide what the scale really is? Reminds me of my days as a Dungeon master :)

Quiet right, however the closest thing to an infantry fight I've been in was range firing in ROTC, so I (perhaps wrongly) am asking the game to help project the right atmosphere. Helicarriers not withstanding, I do want to encourage some sense of verisimilitude.