Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

D-Day Airborne

Rob

But what's the assault cap? Oh dear...I've never heard of it....

Hi,

That WAS a great read! Thanks for all the time and effort!

Assault Cap is Assault capability at the unit level. When a unit is seriously disrupted etc. it can temporarily lose its ability to launch assaults.

Rob.

Rob

Thanks Rob. But is there an indicator of this 'assault cap' thing somewhere in game?
Hi,

I believe it shows in 2 places..... First off the assault order icon is greyed out in the orders box, and one of the "F" status keys (can't remember which one) has been modified to cycle this info.

Rob.

Daz

It cycles on the F6 key mate.
Sorry for the delay, been up to my neck in problems, as is usual for the week prior to Christmas to be honest :rolleyes:
I actually get a lot more time to spend on the game, and forum, during the Christmas break, than I do in the run-up to it.
In spite of all the visits from friends, and relations.

Ubiquitous

John, thanks for taking the time to put together this outstanding AAR; I am glad to see that you seem to have gotten some value out of the scenario and you have certainly more than done it justice.

I wondered: would you be prepared to share your updated version with the tweaked unit stats? I must confess to having been a bit lazy on that front—I find drawing the maps to be more interesting than constructing the rest of the scenario so that is where I invested most of my energy.

john connor

Having done a little map making myself recently I'd be inclined to agree, Ubiquitous - it's definitely the fun part. The worst part is trying to balance things. I really enjoyed the scenario, though it was grim at the end I thought, not being able to get the infantry moving off the beach....but that was how it should be. Thanks for making it! I'm not sure any of my tweaking of stats and balancing it made any difference at all! But, if anyone wants the version I played it's here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u2emis8uwhapgui/AADouJ5incH5YDTXX_bTR0Vga?dl=0

I really liked the wheat field and converted 'dike' textures you put together. Might use them in some map making in the future, if that's ok?

Peter