Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Dark July

GSW

Hi: In the Dark July scenario Ponyri they special scenario rules say "Use Dark July rules for wheat fields." Nothing in my order of Dark July came with any separate rules for wheat fields? Are these the same as Heroes of the Motherland? Also it says to put overlays on and talks about two hills and says (yes, half of a hill hangs off the board...) I did not get any overlays. I am not real sure what I am to do. The picture of the maps does not show any hills? Is this a total misprint? Any help would be appreciated.

- Greg

Jeff Lewis

Wheat Fields are played as per 10.8 in the Dark July Mod rules.

For this scenario you need Not One Step Back and its Overlays.

Note: Dark July is an expansion of the original Band of Heroes and Not One Step Back.

GSW

Thanks. I must have got an incomplete "Dark July" as it did not come with a rule book only the scenarios and counters. Do you know what rule 10.8 says by chance? I was also told that Heroes of the Motherland and Band of Heroes was all I needed for Dark July. I guess I will have to look for "Not One Step Back" somewhere.

Jeff Lewis

To play the 5 scenarios on the Dark July map all you need is Heroes of the Motherland (and/or BoH & NOSB). The Ponryi scenario that your question stems from was a late throw in. If your heart is set on playing it I can have Dave put the overlays up for download so you don't have to buy an out of print copy of NOSB.

10.8 is that Wheat Fields don't hinder LOS but MMCs, SMCs and WTs still have to be spotted as if in degrading terrain. Vehicles are always spotted in them. Wheat Fields do not negate the +1 penalty on the DFT for moving units.

GSW

Thanks for the clarification, and perfect timing. I was about to begin a scenario from Dark July with a lot of wheat fields so now I know how to play it. If the overlays could be put up for download that would be great, if not I will adjust. I actually added the Ferdinand from that scenario to a scenario I created using the scenario generator for Heroes of the Motherland, as I really wanted to use it...I extrapolated the point value for it by looking at other tanks. Thanks again.
-Greg