Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Defense of Frankfurt West German OOB question

I am setting up the Defense of Frankfurt mega scenario and in scenario #2, Hold the Line if playing with the battalion card replacement for the West Germans company formation cards it shows it shows the 3rd company of the 54th panzer panzergrenadiers. But in the West German order of battle that formation is not present. Should it be or is that a misprint? The most recent Clarifications and Corrections does not cover this.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated— thanks all!

Billy

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi Billy, the 3/54th card should be the 2/51st. It is attached to the 54th Battalion in this scenario.

Just noticed the Soviets have the same issue with their 17th Guard tank regiment. The regimental replacement card shows 3rd battalion of the 17th, but only the 1st, 2nd, and 4th battalions are in the soviet oob set up.

Which scenario oob is correct??

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Hi Billy my apologies, the conversion table shows all the possible cards. not all of the battalions are necessary/ included in the scenario. so for example my first answer the 2/54 is not part of the 51st: the card is used for the two 51st battalions that are in the scenario. The 2/54th card goes in independently. same thing with the Soviet 17th guards tank regiment. when it is chosen it activates the three battalions that are available in the scenario. My apologies for the confusion.

No need to apologize Kieth, I just want to make sure we are playing the scenario right. And thank your for the quick clarification — that is some good service!