Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

demo version issues

Kevin Sharp

Total noob here.
How do I activate teh side screen menu and command bar on the left of the screen?
After clicking around for a while the gmae CTD'd. I was using 'screen res', but its a 4k monitor. I dropped the res down and that seems to help. Is there a way to run the game in a window?

simovitch

Hello and welcome to the LNL forums. You may not get too far without at least a cursory review of the manual or better yet watch one of the youtube videos. (not sure why these aren't stickied...)

Anyway, the menu tabs are all along the bottom of the screen. We try to answer most questions here and over on the Steam forums in a timely manner. I don't think you can play windowed but the game has a tab to minimize the screen which is helpful.

cheers,

Kevin Sharp

Saw 1 video where all of that appears to be set on the side, so you lay that out each time you play is what I am guessing?
Ill watch the vids. I dont do manuals, if a game requires that on a pc then I probably am not an ideal customer.

simovitch

You may be watching something that features Command Ops 1, where the menus were hardwired docked and structured differently. Command Ops 2 gives you the choice of what menus you want to see and where to put them.

The game is fairly intuitive once you understand the basic mechanics. I hope you stick with it but I definitely get it if it's not your cup of tea!

Kevin Sharp

Thnaks for prompt replies. I go it. Old vid. Ill take another look next trip im on.

PJMNZ

Hi, like Kevin I have just downloaded CO2 and am attempting to run the tutorial scenario. I was also initially caught out by the difference between the current display (sans sidebar) and the video but assumed it was a difference in versions. However I can't find anything in the manual on how to choose 'what to see and where to put them' as Simovitch indicated above other than the usual click and drag - is there anyway to dock a dialogue box?
More importantly, when a dialogue is opened the information overlaps itself and the size of the dialogue box so that half thupload_2017-9-18_12-36-28.png e information is not visible (see screen shot) and I can't find a way to re-size the dialogue box.

Screen resolution in the game is set to 'current value' which is 1920 x 1080.

Any help would be appreciated.

upload_2017-9-18_12-36-28.png

PJMNZ

Hi Dave,
thanks for the prompt reply. I've changed the 'display text' value in windows to 100% as you suggest, but it has had no effect on the problem. I've also played around with this value and the degree of overlap etc shown in my original screen shot remains constant regardless of the text size set. I have tried changing the values with CO2 open and also closing the programme, changing values, and then re-opening from scratch but the result is the same. One further thing that I noticed was that on re-opening CO2 the options to select screen resolution are now greyed out. Default value can't be un-selected. BTW in case its relevant, it seems that only the 'Force' dialogue is affected. Everything else I've brought up so far has displayed OK.
TIA for any further info/suggestions

PJMNZ

Hi Dave, yes re-booting caused the 100% setting to be picked up OK. Thanks. FYI once this is done, the dialogue seems to scale OK when the text size is changed in windows.

PJMNZ

Hi Dave, waited to reply until I could do some quantitative verification. Yes the force data dialogue box scales with text size. eg. with text size set to 100% the width of the box on screen is 36mm, with text size set to 125% it is 45mm and all contents and tabs within the box are visible and operable. As you suggested above, it is necessary to first open CO2 with text size set to 100% (after re-boot) otherwise the whole of the contents are truncated as originally reported. Only problem now is that this gives a choice of all option buttons across the bottom of the screen being visible (at 100%) and the dialogue box text being too small to read easily, or readable text (at 125%) and loosing the option tabs at the right end of the screen, still what's a bit of screen juggling amongst friends if it makes the game playable :)
OS is Win 10 with latest patches etc.
cheers

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I'm sorry for the hassle. The trouble is that the old MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) does not support scaling with our game graphics. It will if we just have the vanilla MS dialogs, which are deadly boring. The proper solution is to go to a different GUI engine like Unity. But that's a big undertaking and will have to wait till we can save our pennies.