Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Detailed bug report and feature request

Wiggum

Hi !

Here is my detailed Bug Report and Feature Request. I have the Base Module as well as Vietnam and Normandy, bought on Steam.

Bugs
  • Pressing V to hide the Victory screen works only once and the Victory Window can never be brought up again, pressing V becomes useless.
  • Once the game froze after the German Operations Phase, nothing helped game needed to be terminated
  • The LOS Tool sometimes displays both Degraded and Blocked on the same hex, the text then flickers and is overlapping
  • When you move and then use the LOS tool to check something you can no longer continue the movement even if you would have MP left once deselected you cant move even if you have MP left
  • Is the -1 LM applied to Damage Checks? This cant be seen in the results
  • You cant place a Sniper to Opportunity Fire like its possible in the Board game. Normally you should be able to place it when your enemy moves and fire at him (for example see Assault on Virville scenario)
  • How is the Lead Squad determined? This cant be changed it seems
  • The Record does not work i finished scenarios but there is no Record
  • The game scrolls with the ingame manual

Missing and requested features:
  • The Briefing is missing a ddescription of the events. There is no way to see what a event does, this should be included just like the way its done in the boardgame
  • The "Lay Smoke" icon looks strange, should be changed to something resembling smoke or a smoke grenade, currently its just a dot
  • There should be an option to show detailed information about Firepower Value and Leadership bonus before firing instead of just a percentage value, this could be optional.
  • You should see where the Reinforcements can be placed before selecting them
  • If you fire an an unspotted unit the game should first ask if a Spotting Attempt should be performed, currently it just triggers one.
  • The Action history on the bottom right should have colored labels to better distinguish between events
  • There should be combat sounds as optional background sound instead of music
  • There should be easy acccess to the different tables instead of only the manual like the DFT or Melee Table

Gerry

Some great ones there. Really like this one:
"You should see where the Reinforcements can be placed before selecting them"

Like view possible entry hexes. Or at least state it in the Briefing, as in units enter on the West side or a particular hex.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Thanks for all the comments & feedback. I have some notes on a couple of them:

Pressing V to hide the Victory screen works only once and the Victory Window can never be brought up again, pressing V becomes useless.

I just added the saving of window positions last week and it appears to be a bit glitchy, particularly with aspect ratios or resolutions that are very different from of mine (1920x1080). I have a feeling that your 'V' hid the window (it hides by going waaaay offscreen, this is high-tech here), and then when the game tried to bring it back, the return coordinates were no longer onscreen for whatever reason. For now, if you lose a window, please go to the options menu and 'reset window positions', and that should get it back in on the screen at least.

You know, after I typed all that, I wonder if the game saved your window positions when it was offscreen. It does that saving when you leave the options screen, so if you went: in game, hide window, options screen, leave options screen, try to unhide window, I bet it doesn't come back until you restore the positions. I'm trying that right after I post this. :p

You cant place a Sniper to Opportunity Fire like its possible in the Board game. Normally you should be able to place it when your enemy moves and fire at him (for example see Assault on Virville scenario)

You can do Sniper interrupts with the F2 or Backspace keys. There is a little F2 on the sniper button to remind you of this. Unfortunately trying to read the mouse mashing on the Sniper button while the AI is hogging up all the CPU doing stuff was super unreliable, so I had to resort to keyboard-only for the interrupting. (I also have not yet figured out a decent way to do this interrupt in multiplayer, so if you were referring to playing vs. a human, never mind!)

You cant place a Sniper to Opportunity Fire like its possible in the Board game. Normally
How is the Lead Squad determined? This cant be changed it seems

It chooses the best one to lead. If you think there is some situation where it did not choose the best one, please let us know. I've corrected it in the past, and will certainly do so in the future (Stephane had some situation a month or so ago where it was picking the wrong lead before I fixed it, something with 0 FP units and squad weapons if I recall correctly!)

Wiggum

I just added the saving of window positions last week and it appears to be a bit glitchy, particularly with aspect ratios or resolutions that are very different from of mine (1920x1080). I have a feeling that your 'V' hid the window (it hides by going waaaay offscreen, this is high-tech here), and then when the game tried to bring it back, the return coordinates were no longer onscreen for whatever reason. For now, if you lose a window, please go to the options menu and 'reset window positions', and that should get it back in on the screen at least.

You know, after I typed all that, I wonder if the game saved your window positions when it was offscreen. It does that saving when you leave the options screen, so if you went: in game, hide window, options screen, leave options screen, try to unhide window, I bet it doesn't come back until you restore the positions. I'm trying that right after I post this. :p

I use 1920*1080 resolution but dual monitor setup. No luck with bringing the window back with the options.
Is there a way for me to restore settings by deleting some settings file?

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
If you're on Windows, if you delete %userprofile%\appdata\locallow\LnLPublishing\LnLTactical\settings.dat it will restore all options to default.