Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

[DevBlog] New bombardment mechanics

JArraya

Exciting and interesting new change that should add some balance to the game.
The only issue I see with this is that you don't have the ability to simulate predetermined artillery targets, which were an important tactic, particularly for defending units.

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Exciting and interesting new change that should add some balance to the game.
The only issue I see with this is that you don't have the ability to simulate predetermined artillery targets, which were an important tactic, particularly for defending units.

Yes, I also hope that we may want to introduce something like this in future. However, there are also few other very important things to address even before that.
One such thing is having the actual model of comm links and comm networks, we can not really make artillery model more detailed before we get this cornerstone mechanics. Another topic is supply: the way artillery supply works now (where you could have virtually unlimited flow of, say, 305mm rounds for a siege gun) is abusive.
Adding more detailed features to artillery without some basic changes like mentioned above would be like building a house on quicksand.