Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Dialogs are not drawn correctly (sometimes)

MrLongleg

When I open the force info or edit task windows they appear mangled. Usually it works fine at the beginning of the game, but after some minutes of action it happens. I have a windows 7 machine with the newest GeForce driver. CommandOps1 works just fine. I also had a CTD when I clicked on a mangled dialog once. I am on 5.0.8 mangled.jpg

Last edited:

*budd*

I haven't got on the force tab since the patch but still get it on the edit task box sometimes.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
From the screen dump (thank you) I can see that it is overlaying the equipment tab info onto the now viewable General data. I have tried here to replicate this but to no avail. I need to know more details of the steps you took to get this to occur. Can you pleas narrow it down to a specific series of steps. I have tried with the game running, game paused. I have tried with the First Force Data dialog and with an additional one. I have tried it with the OB display opened. I flick back between the equipment and general tabs. I need you help if I am to fix this.

What dialogs are open?
Is the game running or paused?
Is it a friendly or intel force selected?
Is it only with a particular type of unit?
How many tabs had you selected before it occurred? What was the sequence?

MrLongleg

HI Dave,

the problem should be easily reproducible if you play for 10 to 15 minutes real time. It does not happen at the beginning, it creeps in after a while.Sometimes it corrects itself, so the dialog is first mangled and after 2 or 3 seconds redrawn correctly.

The problem seems to be unrelated to the number of dialogs, I usually have 2 to 4 open. I am working with them mostly when the game is stopped. I noticed the problem with friendly forces, but it could have happened with other forces too. It also happened with the "Edit Task" dialog. It happens with all selected units. It happens when opening the dialog. If you click a tab the problem self corrects, which is not possible in case of "Edit Task".