Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Digital Version Fire Questions

Jack Ruetty

Looking at the Patch Notes for 11Aug21 and 18Aug21 concerning Fire 2 hexes, I have some questions. First can non-vehicle units now stay in Fire 2 hexes and not be eliminated but suffer a +4 DC? Secondly if a non-vehicle unit leaves a Fire 2 hex does it now have to pass a Fire Check (Morale Check with one dice and I assume LM still applicable)? Failing the Fire Check Shakes the unit?

Thanks for any help
Jack

Edit. This is how I summarized the new Fire 2 rules. "If a non-vehicle unit find itself in a Fire 2 hex it must make a decision to stay or leave the hex. If the unit decides to leave it make a Fire Check (Morale Check with one die and LM still applicable). Failing the Fire Check, the unit move out of the Fire 2 hex but is marked Shaken. If the units decides to stay in the Fire 2 hex it must undergo a +4 Damage Check and face possible elimination form this DC. All of the above is applicable to vehicles/passengers but the DC is +2."

Also just curious. Are these new rules applicable to the board game?

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
If my proposed Fire rules rewrite were implemented as intended, non-vehicle units can effectively stay into a Fire 2 hex although, with a DC+4, it is a losing proposition after a while, even more so if you are shaken after having activated but before the Fire Damage Check in the Admin phase :)

No, units don't have to pass a Fire check anymore to leave a Fire hex.

Here is the original text of my proposition regarding Fire 2: (in the Admin phase) Leg units located in a hex with a Fire 2 marker must pass a Fire Damage Check with a +4 modifier. Vehicle (and their passengers) in the same situation must pass a Fire Damage Check with a +2 modifier as if they were successfully attacked by small arms fire (17.2/3)

You can certainly apply those rules to the boardgame but they are not official. They will probably appear in a set of optional rules but won't make their way in the official rules until we revised the Core Rules, something we don't plan to do for many years

Jack Ruetty

Thanks Stephane. So if I am reading you correctly I can choose to leave a Fire 2 hex with no repercussions (No Fire Check) or stay with a +4 (+2 to vehicles) DC. Correct?

Jack

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Again, if this was implemented they way I envisonned it, yes, you can always leave a Fire hex with no repercussion. You can also enter a Fire hex with no immediate repercussion. The Fire Damage Check are only made in the Admin Phase

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
No problem. I gather the bugs are getting rarer in LNLT Digital, considering it's been a while since your last question. That or you took a break :)

Jack Ruetty

Little bit of both. I needed a little break and was really not interested in the scenario builder so the timing was good. Have tried to play a scenario every 1-2 days lately but truly are not finding many errors anymore. Today just a misplacement of an ATG and couple days ago a mislabeled hex on the map. I feel like the game is really coming together. The desert campaign has a lot of extra rules and Tom got it out relatively quickly and relatively bug free. The Battle Generator and Scenario Builder are great additions. The AI is getting better and better. This whole system is really coming together.