Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Displaying CO at a Con....some advice

Hey, guys have been invited to a miniature con and they wanted me to put on a Command Ops scenario.....going to set up a projector on a large wall.

Few questions which scenario would be best you think. Have the Battle of the Bulge CO1.

I remember another chap did this at Historicon I think a number of years ago...... He had 4-6 players vs. the AI. Was really fun to watch. He had players them write up orders for every 20 or so game minutes. Does anyone remember who that was? Love to get his "order sheets" that he used. He was on this site or the Matrix one.

Anyways should be fun. If you have any ideas to show CO off it the best possible light I would appreciate it. I wonder if though I should use a CO2 scenario instead of the CO1.

All the best.

Reactions: Bie
Hey, guys have been invited to a miniature con and they wanted me to put on a Command Ops scenario.....going to set up a projector on a large wall.

Few questions which scenario would be best you think. Have the Battle of the Bulge CO1.

I remember another chap did this at Historicon I think a number of years ago...... He had 4-6 players vs. the AI. Was really fun to watch. He had players them write up orders for every 20 or so game minutes. Does anyone remember who that was? Love to get his "order sheets" that he used. He was on this site or the Matrix one.

Anyways should be fun. If you have any ideas to show CO off it the best possible light I would appreciate it. I wonder if though I should use a CO2 scenario instead of the CO1.

All the best.
You're actually marketing the game.

Why would you market an obsolete and unsupported version when CO2 was designed to eliminate some known shortcomings in the CO1 engine?

If you want advice on what scenario shows best in a convention setting, talk to Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor, the developer. He can be reached via PM though LnL.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
TW1,

I'm fine with your proposal. But please use CO2, not CO1. Effectively you're running a one sided command post exercise, as the military would call it. The guys from the US Command and General Staff College at Leavenworth used to do this regularly at Origins. James Sterret used to be the director for the event.