Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Do I need Steam for this?

Looking to get the newer version of HTTR 2.0. Do I need to use this via Steam?
If not can I load one copy on the desktop and another on my laptop to play with my son?

Thanks, guys!

Rick

john connor

You can buy it in here, LnL, without Steam. You can put it on more than one machine (or indeed, two installs on one machine etc). But, I believe the MP functionality doesn't work at the moment, so no playing MP with your son.

Just a follow-up what is the issue with CO2 and no MP? CO1 works perfectly. Has MP ever worked for CO2? Is it in the works or just on the back burner? Cheers everyone. Stay safe!

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Just a follow-up what is the issue with CO2 and no MP? CO1 works perfectly. Has MP ever worked for CO2? Is it in the works or just on the back burner? Cheers everyone. Stay safe!
There were several issues/bugs introduced since CO1, which took Dave and myself couple of months to find and fix last year. Fingers crossed, next major patch will have networking up and running.

Thanks for the quick reply sir. Just curious how often do you make major patch updates? Just so I know when to come back to thing amazing program. Cheers

ioncore

Website
ioncore.livejournal.com
Thanks for the quick reply sir. Just curious how often do you make major patch updates? Just so I know when to come back to thing amazing program. Cheers
Steam updates with bugfixes come every few months, last time was this February.
LnL major patch was delayed couple of times because it accumulates a lot of major fixes and improvements. It is bound to be released soon (tm), but no ETA yet.