Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Do I need the Solo rules to play Heroes of Normandy solo?

Screng

It sounds like a dumb question but the Heroes of Normandy rating itself 7 of 10 for solo play confuses me. Any guidance appreciated on which (or all) products require those Solo Rules. I am still getting my feet wet, but it seems some products are expansions that require the Core Rules (and possibly Solo), like Days of Villainy, while other releases are standalone and so Core rules are not needed/included, such as Heroes of Normandy?

Am i on the right track?

ty in advance, excited to get started but not sure how to do that.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
All the modules (those that comes with everything required) contain the word Heroes in their title; the other are expansions, which do requires components from another product or, at the very least, the Core rules. don,t ahve that word. No product requires Solo rules

TerryB

...rating itself 7 of 10 for solo play confuses me

Each of the modules, as Stéphane says, are stand alone and can be played "solo". That means thay you need to essentially play for both sides. This is not difficult to do but of course lacks the element of surprise.

What the Solo module does is provide (for ALL the other modules) a simulated opponent. So you don't really know what's coming.

So if you don't mind playing both sides yourself, you don't need the solo rules. If you prefer a simulated opponent, you do!

Have fun!
Terry

Screng

thanks! The tip that Heroes of X are all standalone is a big help for browsing the store!

Juanbususto

The Solo module adds an IA opponent to your games. In addition of that, you can choose the level of control of this IA. As it isw designed for every module of LnL Tactical, I think is worth to have it in your collection.

Screng

Thanks! I think the Solo rules and Normandy just made my Xmas list, thanks for the reply!

Dale

Jumping in here because I'm interested in the system. I want a good solo game. If I buy "Heroes of Normandy" and "Lock 'N Load Solo," do I have the system? Do these two go together?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yep. Heroes of Normandy is the archetypical module of the whole serie

Last edited:

Dale

Hate to doubt the advice but Lock 'n Load Tactical Solo ends with this line: Requirements: To use the product you must have a Lock ‘n Load Tactical Core game with any expansion.
Makes it sound like "Heroes of Normandy" is not enough. Is that a misprint or misstatement?:jawdrop:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
You can use Lock N Load solo with any module with the word Heroes, be it Heroes of Normandy, Heroes of the Nam, etc. (although I'm not so sure about Day of Heroes). Those module have the "core game"in them and are self-sustaining as is. The Lock N Load solo rules is kind of an add-on that offer you a sort of AI

Dale

Thanks! I still think the Requirements should read differently.