Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Double time with leader activation

TerryB

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I could use a leader to activate adjacent hexes for double time movement.

6.2 Double-Time Movement
Units that begin their impulse—and move the entire impulse—with a GO Leader can increase their MF by 2. The
units cannot move farther than the Leader’s printed MF. WTs cannot Double-Time (DT). Shaken units can use DT.

I'm asuming begin doesnt mean in the same hex. This came up because I realised that when a leader activates adjacent hexes each separate hex moves separately, albeit in the same impulse.

So what's the verdict?

Thanks in advance

Don't you hate it when a plan goes south!

BTW I have yet to get the latest copy of the rules (yeah I know they're online but don't want to spoil the surprise when I eventually get HoNA) but I've yet to see anything in the them stopping shaken units double timing...its a good way to get them out of harms way...

TerryB

I'd not actually considered the DT for shaken units... but now you mention it.

Its definately something to take into account to try and save some poor guys

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
As long as the Leader is in GO, you can do DT with shaken units. It is specifically mentionned in the new version of the rules, under 6.2

Hey ST thanks, so it's in the new rules cool.

I have used this tactic a couple of times when shaken units failed to rally rather than lose them I the double timed to the rear with their leader...:)...

My gaming mate and I discussed this in depth when I first thought of it as it wasn't in the rules, did a shaken unit have the cohesion to allow it the bonus move? Well it wasn't specifically mentioned so we allowed it hehe...

Last edited: