Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

DT & Low Crawl

gashlycrumb

A Shaken Wehrmacht *-*-2-5 MMC is stacked with a GO SMC.
From [6.0 Movement] p18 - "If a unit must expend ALL of its MPs to move one hex (or within one hex) it cannot Low Crawl (*or) Assault Move into the new hex."

1) Can the MMC benefit from DT to Low Crawl into an adjacent hex with a building, MP cost 2 (for example from hex 14-M6 to 14-L7)?

*Erratum - There’s an OR missing between the Low Crawl and Assault Move on p18

Thanks in advance!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I am having second thoughts about this. DT is specifically allowed with AM by the rules, not so for LC and it does seems counterintuitive to "rush" while Low Crawling. I'd rather let this for Jeff to decide

Ralph Ferrari

Staff member
I would agree with your second assessment Stéphane. Seems to contradict itself to be able to Double Time and Low Crawl at the same time.

Qwirz

The only reason for this is to allow shaken units to Low Crawl in cover, since, due to the minimum move rule and their 2 MPs, they will never be able to. Perhaps DT in this case should be considered as a GREAT encouragement to run and stay down!!!....waiting for Jeff too....

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Well, there is this mention under 6.0:

If a unit must expend ALL of its MPs to move one hex (or within one hex) it cannot Low Crawl/Assault Move into the new hex.

So it this case, it would have to move normally instead of Low crawling

Jeff Lewis

Okay, I scratched my last post do to its shortsightedness and haste.

So, let me try to understand this. You want to know if you can up the MF of the Shaken MMC with DT so it can Low Crawl one hex?

Under current RAW: I have to rule that you can. But I will be changing that, as it is clearly gamesmanship. 6.3 will be amended with: You cannot use DT to LC.