Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Entrenchment simulation module

SamuraiN

I think ARTY is not very effective in breaking through prepared defences currently in game, as it relies on suppression effect and direct hit to help soften those defences instead of destroying defence structures.

So I propose to create an entrenchment module: an entrenchment value is created for terrain, and a stationary unit can increase this value at its position. Rest mode can affect the build up. ARTY and airstrikes reduce this value, down to preset base level(s). And a formula can transform this value to hit probability. A simpler solution can be, just let units have that value, and the formula converts the value into hit probability reduction, which is added to the terrain hit probability.

I think ARTY is not very effective in breaking through prepared defences currently in game, as it relies on suppression effect and direct hit to help soften those defences instead of destroying defence structures.

So I propose to create an entrenchment module: an entrenchment value is created for terrain, and a stationary unit can increase this value at its position. Rest mode can affect the build up. ARTY and airstrikes reduce this value, down to preset base level(s). And a formula can transform this value to hit probability. A simpler solution can be, just let units have that value, and the formula converts the value into hit probability reduction, which is added to the terrain hit probability.
Kind of like this (from Pg 117 of the game manual}?

"Deploy, Dig-In, Entrench, and Fortify Your Units

"Deployment status is an important factor in your units’ combat effectiveness – see Deployment. To improve the deployment status of your units:

" Order your units to Move or Defend

" Leave them alone.

"Once units arrive at the order location they will deploy and start to dig in. If there are fortifications (a special terrain feature) or existing entrenchments (dug by other units) nearby, they will more than likely deploy into these, unless you have specified an In-Situ formation – in which case they will stay where they are. Note that existing entrenchments are NOT displayed on the map.

"After a time the deployment status of the units will change from Taking Cover to Deployed (10 to 60 minutes), to Dug-In (around 2 hours) and finally to Entrenched (around 2 days). Units can only become Fortified if they are on Fort terrain – they cannot build a new fort during the game.

"If other units have previously dug-in or entrenched at the location or there is a fort there, then the duration required to change deployment status to dug-in, entrenched or fortified is quartered."

"Deployment" is explained on Pg. 147 of the game manual.