Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Errata sub-section

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Maybe it would be a good idea to create a errata sub-section (or a big thread)so that they Q&A can all be posted in the same place?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
First contribution:

In LNLT Compendium vol 1, the setup for the 2 x 6-inch NGFS in On the Road to Rabat incorrectly refers to SSR 5 (it should be SSR4)

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The 1-4-4-5-5 listed on the Colleville scenario card that came with preodering Band of Heroes 2nd edition should be replaced by a 1-4-4-6-6. LNLT Compendium vol. 1 corrected this by listing a 1-4-4 :)

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Sgt Hill is listed twice in the Birds of Prey scenario card that came with preordering Band of Heroes 2nd edition, along with a M1919A6 that was not included in the box. LNLT Compendium Vol.1 corrected these by introducing Cpl Medrow and substituting a M1919A4

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The lenght of the Alamo scenario in Heroes of Normandy (and Band of Heroes 2nd edition) is listed as six (var.) but by SSR, the game could end after only 5 turns so it should list 5 (var.)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The Grand Canyon scenario in The Bear and the Jackal is missing some Soviet troops, identified as Elements of the 177th Motor Rifle Regiment of the 108th Motor Rifle Division Recon Platoon (Group 2). They are :
* 2 x 2-5-4
* 1 x RPK
* Lt Ilvanich
* 1 x BMP-1

They enter on turn 2 via hexes a6-A8, inclusive

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Length of The Fanning Head Mob scenario in Line of Fire 10 is 7 turns, based on the same scenario in Heroes of the Falklands and LNLT Compendium Vol.2

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Leader Walker should be replaced by leader Nightingale in scenario Hill 823 from LNLT Compendium 4

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
In the The Defense of Mengshausen scenario's victory conditions (Heroes of the Red Star), the hexes designating the buildings should read (B4, C1, D4, F3) instead of (B4, C1, O4, FJ)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The As Good As They Got scenario in Heroes of the Red Star is missing some Soviet troops, identified as being the 77th Motor Rifle Flank Screening forces. They are :

* 3 x 1-4-4-5/4
* 1 x PT76
* 1 PKM
* 1 RPG16

they set up second on Board 25

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The Coral Scenario 1 in LNLT Compendium vol.2 mentions RPG in the NVA setup. Based on the same scenario published in Line of Fire 3, they are RPG2

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
To be consistent, the name Eisenbach should be replaced by Niederjossa under 13.1 of the HATRS module rules

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Map 42 is from LNLT Compendium vol.4, Heroes of North Africa or Line of Fire 1, not from Day of Heroes, as indicated on page 82 of LNLT Compendium vol.4, in the Snatch and Grab scenario

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The 4 x 2-4-6 called for in NATO's setup in Thundering Hooves scenario from LNLT Compendium vol. 4 should be 2-6-4

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The Yankee Hammer scenario in LNLT Compendium vol. 4 is missing some Soviet troops, identified as being the Elements of 1st Battalion, 1st Tank Regiment. They are :

* 10 x 72-A
* Maj Bezarin

they enter on turn 1 (see SSR1)

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The Hare and Hounds with the Heins scenario in LNLT Compendium vol. 3 does not appears in the Table of Contents . Also Credits are listed as appearing on page 73 while they really are on page 74.

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The Battles of Firebases Coral and Balmoral: Scenarios 1 & 2 (also known as Coral scenarios 1 & 2 in LNLT Compendium vol.2) first appeared in Line of Fire 3.

1) The following text should be added to the Australian Setup in the Line of Fire 3 version of Scenario 2 :
A Squadron, 1st Armored Regiment; enter via hex 4H8, on turn 2:
•2 x MkV Centurions (see SSR2)

2) The LNLT Compendium Vol.2 refers, in the SSR of both Scenarios 1 &2, to "optional rules from the Introduction". There is no such thing in that document. Here's is what should appears, base on the Line of Fire 3 relevant text:
a) By this stage in the war, the Australians had validated the Jungle-fighting concepts learned in Malaya and Borneo in previous years. Aggressive patrolling of the Jungle, to catch ʻCharlieʼ in his own back yard, was a feature of Australian operations during this period. Lacking the
Firepower of their US counterparts, and preferring a more stealthy approach to patrolling, the Australians developed an ability to move through the Jungle as quickly and quietly as their Viet Cong opponents. Treat all Australian infantry units like VC units for Movement Point costs and defensive-fire modifiers.
b) The 7.62 mm round fired by the Australian L1A1 Self-loading Rifle, and the M-60 GPMG, possessed excellent penetrating power compared to the lighter US 5.56 mm round used in M16s. Quite often an enemy would hide behind a thick log, thinking he was safe from fire, only to be hit by a 7.62 mm round that penetrated through the cover. Any fire attack in which an AUS MMC or M-60 SW participates reduces the
defenderʼs hexʼs TM by –1.

3) Replace map 4 with map 9 (identification number on the left) in LNLT Compendium vol. 2 version of Scenario 1

4) Replace map 5 with map 8 (identification number on the left) in LNLT Compendium vol. 2 version of Scenario 2

5) Setup for the first group of Elements of the 7th NVA Division, with Nu Dat, should be hex 4H3 in LNLT Compendium vol. 2 version of Scenario 2

6) Event A should be in 1K4 in the Line of Fire 3 version of Scenario 1

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
In the Big Cats at Twilight scenario included in HOTM:
· Map alignment is wrong; the identification number on board 47 should be on the north side and abutting board 21
· Germans units setup on or west of hexrow 47I (and not 16I)

Ty Snouffer

I really hope LnLP develops an organized, formalized approach to errata.

I posted this over on BGG for Heroes Against the Red Star:
Having trouble posting in the LnLP forums so I thought I would post here.

In the First Probe Scenario in the Order of Battle there a Soviet Sniper which is listed with "See SSR 1." As far as I can tell there is no Special Scenario Rules for the scenario.

Is this a misprint or is SSR 1 missing? If the latter, can anyone tell me what it should be? Maybe it was from the old edition.

Thanks
-----------------
Reply from Jeff Lewis
Apologies. The SSRs were left out.

Playable Area should be Hexrow Yxx and East, inclusive.

Sniper placed as per 11.4 but not adjacent to an American unit and it must be within two hexes of a Good Order Soviet Squad.

Smoke: During set-up, the Soviet player must place 2 x Smoke2 markers anywhere in the playable area. These represent artillery-fired Smoke; they affect the hex it is in plus the 6 adjacent. Remove them during Turn 1's Admin Phase.

----------------------
I'll note how the left out "Playable Area should be Hexrow Yxx East, inclusive" contradicts the printed "Playable Area" section. Surely, Yxx east is correct.​

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Hi Ty!

I'm working on a scenarios' errata, on a voluntary basis (I don't work for LNLP). It is a long (and somewhat dull for most people) process to scour every forum and it is even more complexified by the existence of many versions/editions/printings of the various products, some of which I don't own anymore. Hopefully this Errata and clarifications document will be a comprehensive one and just requires maintenance :)

And thanks for your errata above