Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Errata sub-section

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Ty

A lot of modifiers on the DFT and OFT are not and never have been specifically mentionned in the rulebooks. You just apply them when you use one of those tables.

I have never seen counters marked for the Optional Vehicle Size DRM. Could you point one to me?

Ty Snouffer

Ty

A lot of modifiers on the DFT and OFT are not and never have been specifically mentionned in the rulebooks. You just apply them when you use one of those tables.

I understand, however this DRM isn't on the OFT table either. It is on one of the many play aids.
image.png

but not in the rulebook or on the OFT.

While we're at it, the listings of vehicles with Thermal Imaging Sights differs from that in the Module book. The module book lists the Scorpion and Scimitar. The Listing on the aid with the main OFT doesn't list those.

image.png

I have never seen counters marked for the Optional Vehicle Size DRM. Could you point one to me?

On closer inspection, they aren't on the counter themselves. It is part of the double sided aid that has the to-hit procedures and the OFT vehicles. So the inconsistency is between the aids. Here's a sample:
image.png

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I understand, however this DRM isn't on the OFT table either. It is on one of the many play aids.
image.png

but not in the rulebook or on the OFT.

You are right, it is not in HATRS rulebook nor in older products (HOTG and H&P). For now, I'd go with the rulebook.

While we're at it, the listings of vehicles with Thermal Imaging Sights differs from that in the Module book. The module book lists the Scorpion and Scimitar. The Listing on the aid with the main OFT doesn't list those.

image.png

The Leopard I too is mentionned. Those are all Belgian vehicles. Apparently, they were forgotten on the player Aid Card. Again, I'd go with the rulebook.

On closer inspection, they aren't on the counter themselves. It is part of the double sided aid that has the to-hit procedures and the OFT vehicles. So the inconsistency is between the aids. Here's a sample:
Go with the aid with the turn track. It has values for the Belgian armor. That being said, even this one is different from tables that appears in HOTG or HEP modules

Barthheart

Staff member
From Heroes Against the Red Star

The Modern Core Rulebook references 15.6 Optional Vehicle Size and Speed OFT DRMs. In HAtRS, these modifiers are on the Turn Tracker Sheet. There are several inconsistencies between the chart for vehicle size and the printed counters. For example, the table suggests that a T64 tank would be small and get a +1 modifier. However, the printed counter is not marked that way while other small targets are. Same for the T55 and the BRDM AT. Which should we follow the chart or the counters?

Follow the chart.

Ty Snouffer

In Heroes of the Red Star's Air Assault scenario the VCs say to control the following buildings: l17, Q13, O15.

In the book's typeface, "l17" kind of looks like I17 (a capital I vs. a lower case L). I believe it should read as "L17" as there is no building in "I17."

This seems to be a common problem in this module book - mixing up lowercase and uppercase i's and L's in various combinations.

Rydo

I've noted now that MVAM thing as i usually tend to not use charts.

Why wasn't this included in the main rulebook?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
As I said, until I get a confirmation from Jeff or someone in charge at LNLP, I,d go with the rulebook, not the play aids.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Text in the Notes column of the HOTM TEC seems to have been copied from HOTP, as it mentions jungle line

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I did not asked for it though :)

There are other errata-related posts elsewhere in the forums, most notably in the LNLT Rule Questions forum. I have made a mental note to search said forum to point them out, one day, when I have time :-(

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The State Farm is There scenario in HOTM3 (and presumably HOTM1) use map 19 in a reverse orientation from how it was used in NOSBDD (and presumably NOSB1 and NOSB2), locating the map number in the lower left corner instead of the upper right as it used to be in previous editions. The Playable Area section of this HOTM3 scenario reinforce this but it comes into conflict with the setup instructions for the 1st Company, 111th Panezer Grenadier Regiment units that come into play on turn 3. This was not the case in previous editions. Either the new map orientation is incorrect or the setup instruction should be changed (to 19D8-47J1 for example). I suspect the former. Jeff think this was already adressed somewhere but I can't seem to locate any info on this. Anybody can help?

Ty Snouffer

For Heroes of the Motherland, Rattenkrieg scenario the Victory Conditions reference control of Levels. However the victory hexes are in a two-hex HC building. The standard rule is that HCs with 3+ hexes have multiple levels.

Is there something special about a church that I am not finding?

image.png

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
From Jeff, on BGG, regarding this question:

It's an SSR oversight . The Victory Conditions do imply that the Steeple is in play; however, the SSRs do not qualify/endorse it. It should be played with the Steeple in play, w/ a Stacking Limitation of 1 Squad, 1 SMC and 1 SW.