Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Error in the manual and the official video tutorial ?

Wiggum

Hi !

I think there is a error in the 5.0 v2 Manual and the official Video Tutorial (6A Line of Sight, Link below).

After reading the manual many times and thinking about it, i came up with this drawing which shows unit position (Level) in Buildings and Object Height.

PU6BInG.png

(Please Note: The Squad could, in Multi-Story Buildings always be on Level 0 or in case of a Rooftop or Steeple on Level 1 or 0. Also, the single-story LC building [first example on the left] could also have a rooftop to make Level 1 accessible.)

Please also take a look into this topic with a additional Line of Sight question.
https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/question-about-los-and-object-height.4742/

The official video tutorial:

There is a error i think, the squads are both at Level-1 in the situation mentioned in the video, not 2.

For the possible error in the manual see page 63 Core Manual:
"Units on a Rooftop are considered at Level-1 if on a single-story Building and on Level-3 if on a Multi-story Building"

It should be "and on Level-2 if on a Multi-story Building" i think.

The manual clearly says on page 54:
"Units on the upper level of a Multi-story Building at Level-0 are at Level-1, or the same height as a unit on a Level-1 Hill"

And logically, if you look at my drawing, that would also make sense.

Thanks guys, would love to hear your take on that !

Last edited:

Wiggum

I think there is also a error in this official tutorial video:

He says that if LOS passes through 2 degrading hex it is considered blocked but the manual says:
"If the LOS passes through more than two hexes of degrading terrain, or silhouettes of degrading terrain within two open hexes, it is blocked."

More then two means for me a maximum of two degrading hexes, so it would be blocked if it were 3 or more.
Am i correct ?

Rydo

Hi !

I think there is a error in the 5.0 v2 Manual and the official Video Tutorial (6A Line of Sight, Link below).

After reading the manual many times and thinking about it, i came up with this drawing which shows unit position (Level) in Buildings and Object Height.

PU6BInG.png

(Please Note: The Squad could, in Multi-Story Buildings always be on Level 0 or in case of a Rooftop or Steeple on Level 1 or 0. Also, the single-story LC building [first example on the left] could also have a rooftop to make Level 1 accessible.)

Please also take a look into this topic with a additional Line of Sight question.
https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/threads/question-about-los-and-object-height.4742/

The official video tutorial:

There is a error i think, the squads are both at Level-1 in the situation mentioned in the video, not 2.

For the possible error in the manual see page 63 Core Manual:
"Units on a Rooftop are considered at Level-1 if on a single-story Building and on Level-3 if on a Multi-story Building"

It should be "and on Level-2 if on a Multi-story Building" i think.

The manual clearly says on page 54:
"Units on the upper level of a Multi-story Building at Level-0 are at Level-1, or the same height as a unit on a Level-1 Hill"

And logically, if you look at my drawing, that would also make sense.

Thanks guys, would love to hear your take on that !
I'm quite sure you're right on almost everything here. Nice little picture with the french soldiers :)

He says that if LOS passes through 2 degrading hex it is considered blocked but the manual says:
"If the LOS passes through more than two hexes of degrading terrain, or silhouettes of degrading terrain within two open hexes, it is blocked."

More then two means for me a maximum of two degrading hexes, so it would be blocked if it were 3 or more.
Am i correct ?

As far as i know and what i always used is that after two degrading hexes the LOS is blocked. In other words the third degraded hex create a blocking effect.

I support the idea of tutorial videos but they should be made more carefully.

Nice finds Wiggum.

Natedawgusmc

Hey Wiggum,

I like the little examples you made and they help express the point you are making. With a project this size it's impossible not to have a error or two, but my main focus is completing it and then going back to touch up any mistakes that were made. If you have any other ideas Wiggum that you feel would be helpful please feel free to email me at the link in the description of the videos.

Also Rydo if you feel you can create 60 plus videos covering 100's of pages of rules by yourself without making a mistake please feel free to give it a shot. Like the saying goes it's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.

Wiggum

Hey Wiggum,

I like the little examples you made and they help express the point you are making. With a project this size it's impossible not to have a error or two, but my main focus is completing it and then going back to touch up any mistakes that were made. If you have any other ideas Wiggum that you feel would be helpful please feel free to email me at the link in the description of the videos.

Hi ! You are the creator of the videos ?
Thanks for making them, they are really helpful and more fun to watch then reading through the manual.

Honestly i was not sure if i was wrong or if your video was wrong, so thats why i made this thread.
Mistakes happen. Last night i played a Scenario and suddenly i started firing on hexes that would normally not have been spotted for two turns...then i realized my mistake :rolleyes: :)

If you want you are free to include my graphics in your video. I could send you the original if you want.
I'm thinking about creating such graphics for all important core rules to help people visualize the rules.

I really like your youtube channel, already subscribed.

Greetings from Germany

Rydo

Also Rydo if you feel you can create 60 plus videos covering 100's of pages of rules by yourself without making a mistake please feel free to give it a shot. Like the saying goes it's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
I only said more attentions, not that they're bad. In fact i even stated that i support your idea of those tutorials.

I don't care to do tutorial videos, you decided to and so accept the positive critics instead of beign butthurt.

BTW i appreciate your efforts.

Bye.

Natedawgusmc

Yea that would be great Wiggum. My email is TheGimpyGamer@yahoo.com

Thanks for the support!

Hi ! You are the creator of the videos ?
Thanks for making them, they are really helpful and more fun to watch then reading through the manual.

Honestly i was not sure if i was wrong or if your video was wrong, so thats why i made this thread.
Mistakes happen. Last night i played a Scenario and suddenly i started firing on hexes that would normally not have been spotted for two turns...then i realized my mistake :rolleyes: :)

If you want you are free to include my graphics in your video. I could send you the original if you want.
I'm thinking about creating such graphics for all important core rules to help people visualize the rules.

I really like your youtube channel, already subscribed.

Greetings from Germany

I've read through the V5.0 rules and am going through the videos now as an alternate way to solidify them. I really like them and wish more companies would take the time to engage in such a project to support their products. I'm new to LnLT and love the system.

I also noticed the errors pointed out above, but honestly, not a big deal, since frankly, it got me to go back to the rulebook and review and confirm I was right. I'm sure the video can be updated in the future. I'm up to video 40-something and the two errors above are the only ones I've noticed.

Here's to a wonderful job in supporting your products!