Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Escape At Dunkirk

Jay Townsend

Escape At Dunkirk

I wanted to play this scenario for a long time but first had to adjust the units to better match the armor of the time period or least make it somewhat more believable with the counters we have in the series so far. I mixed and matched units from the Desert Heat, White Star Rising & the Compendium.

It seems like I am missing a reduce strength French Zouaves Infantry unit? I subbed another Infantry unit for it. It might be mixed with some other counters in the series, will check later.

Here is the units and changes I used for this scenario:

French

Zouaves:

• 1 x HQ
  • 5 x Infantry
  • 2 x HMG support Weapon
  • 1 x Zouaves Formation Marker
  • 1 x 17 Pounder ATG (attached)
  • 1 x 6 Pounder ATG (attached)

British

7th SLI:

• 1 x HQ
  • 7 x Infantry
  • 1 x 7th SLI Formation Marker

WSG:

• 1 x HQ
  • 5 x Infantry
  • 1 x WSG Formation Marker
DRAG:

• 1 x HQ
  • 3 x Mark IV
  • 1 x Mark VI
  • 1 x DRAG Formation Marker
Support:

Same as the Original scenario!

Germans

22nd Pz:

• 1 x HQ
  • 3 x Pz IIIJ
  • 1 x Pz IIF
  • 1 x Stug III (attached)
  • 5 x ARM INF (attached) From Beck
  • 1 x HMG Support Weapon
  • 1 x 22nd Pz Formation Marker
Schtz Btl 107:

• 1 x HQ
  • 6 x Infantry
  • 1 x Stug III (attached)
  • 1 x Schtz Btl 107 Formation Marker
90th Pz:

• 1 x HQ
  • 4 x Pz IIIH
  • 1 x 90th Pz Formation Marker
Support:

1 x Stuka and the same as the original scenario.

I did get rid of Special Scenario Rule 1 as it wasn’t needed anymore.

It was fun to adjust the scenario and the game play was fun as well. The first four turns are at night with only two hex visibility, so there is a lot of maneuver in the beginning. Then the French Zouaves units and the British Armor from the DRAG formations must block the Germans as much as possible, buying the two British Infantry formations time to escape at least 7 or more Infantry units into the waiting boats, while the Stuka unit above is pounding away.

It was a fun scenario to play and the British barley managed to exit 8 Infantry units off to England for the victory.

Now to manage to put everything back in the correct zip-locks and game boxes.

Jay Townsend

This is an existing scenario from the Compendium that I altered the units types based on what is closer to what the armor units should be but drawing from only what in available in the series currently, so it is not exactly correct either but fun to play.