Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Establishment Editor weights

Grognerd

So I'm finally getting used to the Establishment Editor! Playing around with the East Front.
It is pretty easy to use, even though it looked hard to use at first. It does require a lot of information though and the info needs to be consistent!
My question is this - When I'm entering weights of the shell I put individual weights for larger shells example 20mm is .12 kilograms - when I enter the ammo I use 60 20 mm shells for weight I multiply .12 by 60.
For machine guns light medium and heavy I put the weight of the belt not the individual weights.
I this the correct method?

Trying to get this all consistent is a pain - HA!

So I'm finally getting used to the Establishment Editor! Playing around with the East Front.
It is pretty easy to use, even though it looked hard to use at first. It does require a lot of information though and the info needs to be consistent!
My question is this - When I'm entering weights of the shell I put individual weights for larger shells example 20mm is .12 kilograms - when I enter the ammo I use 60 20 mm shells for weight I multiply .12 by 60.
For machine guns light medium and heavy I put the weight of the belt not the individual weights.
I this the correct method?

Trying to get this all consistent is a pain - HA!
I don't have the game loaded on this computer, so I can't provide a reference page, but there are two game weight measures for ammo.

The weight of the individual round is used to calculate damage on impact.

There's also a measure of a cumulative weight of a typical resupply package for calculating the delivery package size in a resupply event.

I don't recall whether the Estab requires an explicit number for the supply package or derives it starting with the round weight and multiplying that by a count of rounds in the package.

Bottom line is record the shell weight so the lethality matches real world unless you find a data field for the package weight as well.

Grognerd

Thanks that did answer my question completely. As always your quick with the answers - Jim.

My Guadalcanal & Normandy maps were lost on a computer issue, but I managed to recover my Chir river maps, so I though I could practice on creating establishments. I got the map editor down pretty good. Eventually I'll get to the Scenario Editor. I'm importing some of your stuff out of Command Ops 1, it seems to convert ok.