Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Events

Mike Burskey

I am trying to learn this game. Have played through Assault on Vierville.

Confused about event counters. One is occupation and one is line of sight. What do these mean? Occupation I am assuming occupying hex or hexes. Line of sight? Does this activate if enemy has line of sight on hex with this LoS event counter?

Also, can a squad move and fire in same impulse? I don’t think they can but want to make sure. (The impulse turn segments are a little confusing to me.)

I am an ASL guy coming to this new system. Would love to see a random event chart like in ASL Solitaire where it is totally random, offering more replay-ability.

Thanks you for any help!

Mike

(Just bought 80% of the LnL Tactical components and am dying to learn this system.)

Barthheart

Staff member
Yes, Line of Sight events happen as soon as "someone" has a clear LoS to the hex containing the marker. "Someone" is defined in the scenario special rules (SSR) and it can only one teams units or either teams.

You normally cannot move and shoot in the same impulse. Some units have the Assault Move/Fire capability. These have a red box around their movement values. See section 6.1 in ver 5 rules.

A good way to learn the flow of the game is to go through the Walk Through play available here:
https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/lock-n-load-tactical-gameplay-narrative-for.244/

Mike Burskey

Yes, Line of Sight events happen as soon as "someone" has a clear LoS to the hex containing the marker. "Someone" is defined in the scenario special rules (SSR) and it can only one teams units or either teams.

You normally cannot move and shoot in the same impulse. Some units have the Assault Move/Fire capability. These have a red box around their movement values. See section 6.1 in ver 5 rules.

A good way to learn the flow of the game is to go through the Walk Through play available here:
https://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/lock-n-load-tactical-gameplay-narrative-for.244/

Mike Burskey

Thanks for the help!

I played the walk through a couple of times. The occupation event is triggered in the playthrough. I tried doing the walk though, solo. So if an enemy squad has line of sight to the LoS event, then they trigger the event? What happens when the Occupation event is also triggered? There is only one event paragraph in the scenario booklet. (Assault on Vierville)

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to get these rules down.

Barthheart

Staff member
For the scenario Assault on Vierville (at least the version I have), both Event A and Event B are Occupation Events and both can only be triggered by German troops.
So just having a LoS to the marker will not activate it. A german unit must actually enter the hex.

Since there is only one paragraph, occupation of either Event marker hex will trigger the event. Just remove the other marker as it will no longer have any effect. In fact the scenario notes about eh Event markers states to remove both markers if either is triggered.

Don't worry about asking lots of questions. It's how we learn. And there are lots of people here willing to help out.
Welcome to the system.